DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LED / Strobes for Mavic 2 Pro

DroneDragon

Reactions
Need advice! Contemplating buying strobes for my M2P.

Question: what effect will strobes have on photos / videos?

Any experience / advice appreciated!

For the M2P I suggest using the Firehouse Technology ARC II We offer rear arm, front arm and front foot mounts for all the major strobes. I would suggest using the rear arm and front foot mounts, you can find them on our site HERE The light on the front can only be seen in certain conditions when it is foggy or this is mist in the air, using the front foot mounts get them even further away from the camera, but either are fine usually.

For the M2P I suggest using the Firehouse Technology ARC II We offer rear arm, front arm and front foot mounts for all the major strobes. I would suggest using the rear arm and front foot mounts, you can find them on our site HERE The light on the front can only be seen in certain conditions when it is foggy or this is mist in the air, using the front foot mounts get them even further away from the camera, but either are fine usually.

Would you just go with one on the front and one on the back, or would you go with all 4?

Would you just go with one on the front and one on the back, or would you go with all 4?
It is nice to have 1 front and 1 back minimum, that way you can see the drone coming and going. Having 4 would just mean more visibility.

Thanks, do you sell the strobes as well, or just the mounts?
We sell just the mounts, I've tried to become a vendor but they don't offer that... I've sent them a ton of business, I think they should LOL

Two is plenty. Just put them on left front and right rear or right front and left rear for proper balance.

Reactions: MAVIC_2_YTS
Wouldn’t happen to know a Canadian distributor would ya?
We sell just the mounts, I've tried to become a vendor but they don't offer that... I've sent them a ton of business, I think they should LOL

lol fair enough, I am having a difficult time finding a Canadian distributor.

Thanks.

Wouldn’t happen to know a Canadian distributor would ya?

lol fair enough, I am having a difficult time finding a Canadian distributor.

Thanks.

It's weird that, a US company and they won't ship Canada, it's like a suburb !!
(This came up in another FHT thread about no Canada shipping.)

I had a bit of a search for you, but not much there for supply, Amazon.ca have them listed but none in stock.

No friends or relatives in the US that can ship on for you ?
I just did this, have some items coming via a niece in NJ.

It's weird that, a US company and they won't ship Canada, it's like a suburb !!
(This came up in another FHT thread about no Canada shipping.)

I had a bit of a search for you, but not much there for supply, Amazon.ca have them listed but none in stock.

No friends or relatives in the US that can ship on for you ?
I just did this, have some items coming via a niece in NJ.

Actually, now that you mention it I do have a few guys that report to me out of our Greenville office, they were actually just up here for meetings and could have brought them with them! Thanks for the idea, think the problem is now solved.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Two is plenty. Just put them on left front and right rear or right front and left rear for proper balance.

Two is not plenty if you want a better chance of determining orientation or you are trying to get a part 107 Daylight waiver.

Four arranged in the standard navigational scheme is even better. Red front left, Green front right, Whites to the rear. I can even run two more whites on top for max anti-collision visibility.

Last edited:
I just purchased a set of these mounts for my M2P and P4P with 2 Firehouse ARC2s so I can interchange the strobes between the drone I'm flying. They should be here this week and from everything I've been reading there's no effect on video or photos under normal conditions. It makes sense
I just purchased a set of these mounts for my M2P and P4P with 2 Firehouse ARC2s so I can interchange the strobes between the drone I'm flying. They should be here this week and from everything I've been reading there's no effect on video or photos under normal conditions. It makes sense regarding moisture/fog like you see when landing in a plane with fog. It just reflects off of anything like that.
Looking forward to using these to improve VLOS during the day and early evening!

Two is not plenty if you want a better chance of determining orientation or you are trying to get a part 107 Daylight waiver.

Four arranged in the standard navigational scheme is even better. Red front left, Green front right, Whites to the rear. I can even run two more whites on top for max anti-collision visibility.

That may be the case for a 107 night waiver. But, 2 on each end is not going to make it more visible.

The white is most visible and the green is a close 2nd. Red and blue are pretty much useless.

That may be the case for a 107 night waiver. But, 2 on each end is not going to make it more visible.

The white is most visible and the green is a close 2nd. Red and blue are pretty much useless.
2 may well make the light (drone) more visible. I think it does, but you be the judge.

Reactions: Milo187
Unless someone has changed the physics of how light travels through the atmosphere, one white light on each side will get the best result. I have a green on the front and a white in back.

Adding a second light, especially red and blue will not help visibility unless those colors are of a higher wattage.

It is a Daylight Waiver! Have you tried the leg mounts that point the front lights out at a 45 degree angle. Have you tried two on each end at distance at night? Have you seen the difference that using Red and Green in the correct positions make in determining orientation?

Not with the mounts from Aeriel. Takes seconds to put them on or take them off.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness