DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leg LED wires detached

Horus303

Reactions
Hello.
crashed my M2P and one of the legs broke, got the replacement and installed it already and working fine except for one silly thing: the LED wires (2 of the 3) were detached from the soldering point while trying to get the LED through the tiny hole it sits in. I didn’t have a soldering iron then but now I do!!
I’m gonna go back and try to solder the wires in place.
the question is: how do I know which wire goes in the middle and which goes to the end? Does it even matter? If I connect them in the wrong spot am I risking causing something like a short circuit that may fry the whole board?
Newbie here with this stuff so wanted some advice. In all honesty I’d rather fly with one defective LED leg light than risk messing up the whole drone!
Appreciate all your input.

Shortest way would be to use a strong magnifying glass to try identify the positions by looking at the solder pads and wire ends and comparing breaking marks. It will matter which goes where, led's have polarity and there being 3 wires means it is a bi-color led, it might end up flashing the wrong color at the wrong time if you reverse polarity.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan