DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Leg springed tension

hewo

Reactions
fwd legs, is their resist against collapsing into stowed suppose to be indifferent?
certainly impinging wind will not collapse fwd legs no matter how feeble springed resist is?
prior mavic air had very hefty resist springed fwd and aft leg in comparison to newly replaced mavic air. maybe the temper of the utilized spring metal is sourced from different contractor.

I understand.

OP was saying he was afraid that his new Mavic Air front arms folded too easily, and might fold up during flight. In my experience, the springs are pretty tight when the arms are locked open, so not to worry.

I understand.

OP was saying he was afraid that his new Mavic Air front arms folded too easily, and might fold up during flight. In my experience, the springs are pretty tight when the arms are locked open, so not to worry.

It’s actually an ingenious design because I’ve had an incident when a foot off the ground I hit the controller and mavic went in my car parked right next to it pretty hard. The leg folded on impact and there wasn’t any Sagan’s at all! I think the leg giving way absorbed some of the shock

Reactions: MavicFlyer
It’s actually an ingenious design because I’ve had an incident when a foot off the ground I hit the controller and mavic went in my car parked right next to it pretty hard. The leg folded on impact and there wasn’t any Sagan’s at all! I think the leg giving way absorbed some of the shock

I agree that it's ingenious to a point. The arm design is great, it saved your drone. However, the leg design is lacking. If a pilot accidentally lands hard on the leg part of the arm on an Air, the leg part will break at the leg hinge point. When that happens, the whole arm needs to be replaced. I have repaired umpteen arms, just because the leg joint cant be repaired. Hopefully, if they come out with an Air 2, it will not have foldable legs, just foldable arms.

MA legs.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BearMan54
Snap on accessories, like landing gear extenders, do add weight, but they certainly reduce the severity of crashes by absorbing some of the energy. I just snap them back on and get back to flying. Granted, you aren't protected from ANY damage, but every little bit helps.

Wait, i am confused "hard lands"
doesnt djigo4 perform the command by sticks?
why would the stick land command be designed "hard landing"?
how else to land otherwise?

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez