DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Someone will be hurt if DJI doesn't change its Mavic 2 battery mounting clip

Will do !!!

DJI sent me a case number today for the swelled batteries. It says under evaluation. 1-3 days for response. They did not ask to return the batteries yet. How do they evaluate without the damaged units ?? Do they know something from the serial numbers ???

DJI sent me a case number today for the swelled batteries. It says under evaluation. 1-3 days for response. They did not ask to return the batteries yet. How do they evaluate without the damaged units ?? Do they know something from the serial numbers ???
I believe they can get the mfg date from the battery SN. They probably will ask for a video showing the battery wobble when laid flat on a flat surface, with a closeup of the information sticker on the battery. They may also ask for a video showing the destruction of the battery by dunking in salt water.

i also use the pontoons, i dont fly if winds are over 20 mph, only thing i notice is i lose about 2 minutes flight time,
Worth it , Knowing i know i can retrieve it if anything goes wrong.

I recall an Aussie posted here about his M2 batteries failing / swelling.
He got 2 replacements from DJI no charge, I'll try and find that post . . .

THAT was a difficult search, but found it . . .

I believe they can get the mfg date from the battery SN. They probably will ask for a video showing the battery wobble when laid flat on a flat surface, with a closeup of the information sticker on the battery. They may also ask for a video showing the destruction of the battery by dunking in salt water.

Interesting. So no hands on. BTW. They all wobble badly. Wonder if they'll replace ?? Or give credit.

Last edited:
I have to correct my mistake after close inspection and research I was wrong.

Swelling of my Batteries after only 20 to 30 charge cycles is indeed the issue. My apologies.
In my case , no they are not swelling
20200421_091213.jpeg

Reactions: Thomas B
I recall an Aussie posted here about his M2 batteries failing / swelling.
He got 2 replacements from DJI no charge, I'll try and find that post . . .

THAT was a difficult search, but found it . . .

Just happened to me. DJI got back to me today as follows.

Dear Customer,

This message is from DJI Support. After testing your product, DJI has determined to provide you with free repair service. The repair is expected to be finished within 3 to 6 business days, after which the product will be sent back to you. Thank you for choosing DJI.

Item List

Mavic 2 Intelligent Flight Battery
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 149.00
Total Price: 149.00

Tax

Shipping Cost

Total Amount

Discount

Total Payment

0 (USD$)

So they are replacing 3 of the 4 swelling batteries.
They must be in the bad batch that was reported
from Aug 2018. The fourth battery was made Sept 2018. Nice job by DJI.

I've had a new Mavic 2 Pro about 2 weeks now.
I've noticed a gap between battery and body of Mavic 2 Pro after each flight, but found it's not due to battery swelling but the base of the Mavic 2 Pro's battery compartment, directly underneath the battery about 1/3 from front of battery compartment. Has anyone else noticed a bulge here ? Is this normal or at least common ? Cheers

I've noticed a gap between battery and body of Mavic 2 Pro after each flight, but found it's not due to battery swelling but the base of the Mavic 2 Pro's battery compartment, directly underneath the battery about 1/3 from front of battery compartment. Has anyone else noticed a bulge here ? Is this normal or at least common ? Cheers
No problems with my M2P using any of my batteries. If it’s new I’d send it back... gonna be a big problem sooner or later.

Reactions: Droniac

You might want to post a picture on that , as i have yet to see anything like that from the inside.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water

Reactions: Droniac
you make a very valid point but as you say your new battery seems to have a better spring now, maybe the quality of the steel used has been improved,although i agree that you should not have to put a strap in place for extra security, i think that once you know about the issue then that would be something to do anyway to prevent another mishap
I’m fly in with a 1/2” Velcro strap (weighing nothing) as opposed to freaking out, which btw I most likely might do. Spring steel. Such a simple inexpensive difference and such an expensive loss. Hoping to hear of a change.

I’m fly in with a 1/2” Velcro strap (weighing nothing) as opposed to freaking out, which btw I most likely might do. Spring steel. Such a simple inexpensive difference and such an expensive loss. Hoping to hear of a change.
Whelp. NVM. ?

You might want to post a picture on that , as i have yet to see anything like that from the inside.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water
I've figured out what the problem is. It's the heat from the fan directly underneath the battery compartment which is distorting the battery compartment plastic directly above it. Figured it out from Mavic 2 teardown videos on YouTube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore