DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 3 Legal AND fun!

Vic Moss

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Had a blast last night flying my drones during the CSU/Washington State football game.

I was asked to come up and fly with their drone team after I received my OOP waiver. I flew the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro during the game. For the flights over people, I used the Mini 3 Pro since that's the one that is specified in my 107.39/1o7.145 waive. The other shots were done with the Mavic 3 Pro.

They used our footage on the scoreboard.

As far as we can figure out, this was the first legal OOP flight during a Division 1 NCAA football game. I had the OOP waiver, and CSU Drone Center had the TFR Authorization.

If was fun to be part of that. And of course I had to get a shot of the rainbow. Couldn't quite get back far enough or high enough to get the shot I wanted, but the pano seemed to work okay.

Attachments

• WebCSU Pano.jpg
    WebCSU Pano.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 147
  • WebCSU1.jpg
    WebCSU1.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 142
  • WebCSU2.jpg
    WebCSU2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 137
  • WebCSU3.jpg
    WebCSU3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 120
  • WebCSU4.jpg
    WebCSU4.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 120
  • WebCSU5.jpg
    WebCSU5.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 118
  • WebCSU6.jpg
    WebCSU6.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 125
Awesome! Thanks, Vic for sharing. Makes me jealous though lol

Reactions: Vic Moss
Wow, what a unique opportunity. Love what you did with it! Very nice imagery, I really like this color treatment. Superb, really…

Awesome views - nice post processing as well!

Had a blast last night flying my drones during the CSU/Washington State football game.

I was asked to come up and fly with their drone team after I received my OOP waiver. I flew the Mini 3 Pro and Mavic 3 Pro during the game. For the flights over people, I used the Mini 3 Pro since that's the one that is specified in my 107.39/1o7.145 waive. The other shots were done with the Mavic 3 Pro.

As far as we can figure out, this was the first legal OOP flight during a Division 1 NCAA football game. I had the OOP waiver, and CSU Drone Center had the TFR Authorization.

If was fun to be part of that. And of course I had to get a shot of the rainbow. Couldn't quite get back far enough or high enough to get the shot I wanted, but the pano seemed to work okay.
Congratulations and some nice shots!

cool

Beautiful Photos

Reactions: SWTSU
Awesome photos, and congrats on actually obtaining a waiver for something like this! That must have been quite a lot of work to get approved.

Great work Vic. Thanks for sharing :)

Bro that rainbow shot is sick!!!!!

The other shots awesome too… nice work… did they use any during the broadcast? Did they take a feed off the controller or something??

Bro that rainbow shot is sick!!!!!

The other shots awesome too… nice work… did they use any during the broadcast? Did they take a feed off the controller or something??
We fed the imagery from the RC Pro into their feed for the scoreboard. It wasn't broadcast on TV though.

Really appreciate the emphasis on safety and getting authorization prior to flight - something that every drone pilot (recreational and commercial pilot) should do :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne