DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Legs got wet

Yuarden12

Reactions
Hey, I tried to land the mini 2 today while sitting but accidentally it touched my leg and fells into a small puddle of water with minerals.

Only the two right legs was gotten wet but I think maybe water got into the engines too.

I immediately dried it with toilet paper and let it rest in the sun and later when I tried to fly again it was completely normal.

Should I worry for future Consequences?

Or I need to do more stuff to be sure it will be fine?

Welcome to the forum.

If you know the motors went under that water, and were immersed long enough for the mineralised water to get in there, it's probably a case of not much can be done now to stop any possible mid to long term problem.

The best thing to do first before drying is flush any wet areas with clean fresh water, preferably demineralised or spring water.
Ideally then a thorough flush with isopropyl alcohol will disperse the water, then it can be gently dried with natural warmth, in sunlight on a window sill, or with a silica gel desiccant in an airtight tub.

That said, the brushless motors are pretty resilient, so you might be ok.

I'd make preflight inspections include checking what you can see of the motors for corrosion, any screw heads etc might also be a telltale that there might be corrosion going on internally.

If you see corrosion inside the motors at all, it might be a good idea to change motors / arms on that side.

Good luck, you wer obviously close and there wasn't much time in the water I guess, I think you'll be ok hopefully.

The puddle wasn’t deep so the engines were not underwater, only the legs itself but I did see some drops on the engines and Propellers area that I cleaned immediately.
Do you think it’s fine?

The puddle wasn’t deep so the engines were not underwater, only the legs itself but I did see some drops on the engines and Propellers area that I cleaned immediately.
Do you think it’s fine?
I think you might have got away with it this time.
Just keep checking pre flight for a while for any signs of corrosion, maybe for a couple of weeks / months.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_