DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Less stable during tonight's flight

VIRphan

Reactions
Hello all. I was surprised to see my Mavic altitude much less stable tonight during flight. Normally, it happily sits in its place with little effort even in the wind. Tonight I noticed approx 3 ft shifts in height at times without me touching the controller.

Calibration issue? Props? GPS glitch?

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Signed,
Noob Pilot

Last edited:
Sounds like it was an evening flight - was it really dark possibly impacting the VPS sensors?

you aren't alone..... mine was acting crazy yesterday, really unstable at idle hover and also took off with zero stick input to approx. 60mtrs+

I genuinely struggled to get it back to the ground.

Never acted like this in previous flights.

Sounds like it was an evening flight - was it really dark possibly impacting the VPS sensors?

Yes. Lower light as the sun was going down. It did seem to get worse as it got darker. That may be it. I'll take it out today in daylight to see if it's been resolved. Thank you.

you aren't alone..... mine was acting crazy yesterday, really unstable at idle hover and also took off with zero stick input to approx. 60mtrs+

I genuinely struggled to get it back to the ground.

Never acted like this in previous flights.

Were you in lower light as well? Let's hope it's an isolated event. Thanks for your reply.

Were you in lower light as well? Let's hope it's an isolated event. Thanks for your reply.

my flight was at approx. 3pm in a nature park (Australia) - still broad daylight, and a spot that I have taken off from many times prior.

I've not been back out. Have you? I was in low light... but should not have been an issue.

I experienced the same thing after about 3 months.

There are so many variables like interference, maybe a hard landing, it's hard to say.

Compasss and IMU sensors green?

Being that I am a new user, I was following all "safety" prechecks. No warnings on screen prior to or during the flight that went "crazy"

Ironically, I had calibrated the IMU, Compass and controller immediately prior to flight and all were successful.

Will fly again today and reassure myself that it was a "just once" moment of MP madness.

EsiMavic, Id much prefer to have a fully functioning MP as it was out of the box.

Turning safety features off just to have the MP function as expected isnt my idea of a well engineered device.

Having cycled 3 batteries thru my MP today, it appears that everything is back to normal and all features are working as expected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1