Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let’s Talk Tablets

Volatus Drones

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
www.empiredroneco.com
What tablets do you all use and why? Please include info like size, brightness, price, etc.

By asking this question we are trying to guide other Mavic users in the right direction when investing in a tablet.

Thanks!

Reactions: FLPilotshark
We use iPads exclusively and have for several years now. Everything from the Mini-4 up to the 2019 10.2" model. Never had the first glitch from any other them.

We only keep UAS related apps on our Flight iPads to keep them clean and uncluttered.

I started with a cheapo android phone which was great but small. I went out and got one of the samsung galaxy tablets, which was on the recommended list but it was awful, constantly losing video feed or constantly Jerky.
I then went out and bought an ipad mini and this works a treat, no problems all.
I only use the ipad for the drone and nothing else.

started off with an 8 inch android tablet ,mainly because of cost,compared to the ipads at the time
then an offer for a brand new 2018 6th gen 9.7 WIFI only Ipad was too good to turn down, and i have used it for both my drones ever since

Reactions: BigAl07
This page has a list of Android and Apple devices with user feedback on how well they work:

I chose a Galaxy Tab S3 to use with the Mavic 2 series partially based on the feedback there which is a 10in Android tablet. It's worked well with DJI Go (connects every time and the feed is smooth) and although I was concerned about the larger size I find it's good with DJI Go since the interface is a bit cluttered so there's plenty space for the image from the drone as well as all the options round the screen. I originally chose it just for the drone but it's been a lot more useful than I expected thanks to a very nice AMOLED screen, quad speakers, 400gb storage through sd and on board LTE.

Just glad I didn't take the advice here to buy an ipad Mini 4 which despite the constant claims about Apple devices don't seem to be working that well now based on threads here.

What tablets do you all use and why? Please include info like size, brightness, price, etc.

By asking this question we are trying to guide other Mavic users in the right direction when investing in a tablet.

Thanks!

iPad mini 5. Why? Because it’s the latest and greatest. For the price range.

We use iPads exclusively and have for several years now. Everything from the Mini-4 up to the 2019 10.2" model. Never had the first glitch from any other them.

We only keep UAS related apps on our Flight iPads to keep them clean and uncluttered.
I am thinking about also getting an Ipad mini since I am getting sick of using my Iphone! Do I need to get cellular and wifi or just WIFI only?

We use iPad Mini 4s and large iPads in our business. All have proven steady w/ zero issues. We just ordered a Mini 5 as a new primary and will delegate the 4 as backuo.

9.7" iPad Pro with plastic aftermarket adapter to fit controller. Perfect size with plenty of brightness and size for perspective when framing the subject. Offers a pretty good idea how the post production will look without being too much to handle when transporting. I found my iPhone was just too small to get a good idea of frame subject while keeping eyes up for flight data.

Reactions: topspin1241831
im using ipad mini 2, im thinking about maybe getting the mini 3 for my phantom but cant justify right now,
for me, it is the perfect size! although, i would like one with cellular on it!

9.7" iPad Pro with plastic aftermarket adapter to fit controller. Perfect size with plenty of brightness and size for perspective when framing the subject. Offers a pretty good idea how the post production will look without being too much to handle when transporting. I found my iPhone was just too small to get a good idea of frame subject while keeping eyes up for flight data.
i had the ipad pro 10.5 - you are right gives you a good idea of how it is going to look!

I am thinking about also getting an Ipad mini since I am getting sick of using my Iphone! Do I need to get cellular and wifi or just WIFI only?

We don't have a Cellular iPad at all in our inventory. If we need access we HotSpot to one of our phones etc.

Thanks!
As a retired disabled Veteran, I hated to put the money out, but found that the overall best tablet I've used is the Ipad Air. Pricey but fast with a beautiful display. Worth the money.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78