DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let the Speculation Begin - DJI Announces Oct 11 Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
DJI Hints at New Product Launch on October 11
What do you think????
Time to break out the magnifying glasses to look for reflections of the mystery drone.

It really could be anything so... what about a lightweight drone which would fall into the cathegory "light & unoffensive drone" which allows one to operate with much less legal issues? At least in Europe it's like this, and Europe is not a little market. What about the US: do you have a similar law about inoffensive drones?
Anyway, in Italy, before this new EU directive, one had to undertake at least
- 1 course + exam
- 1 medical check
- LOTS OF legal paperwork
for a a total price varying between 1000+ and 1700 Euros.
Add in another course + exam if you want to undertake missions near people or buildings and you have to factor in 900-1200 euros more.
BTW, compare that to taking the Part 107 for less than 100 US$ :(
Now thanks to the EU we have this new "upto 300 grams" class so one can skip part 1 and 2, thus saving between 1000 and 1400, and also the optional additional course + exam, same price as the first. The class requires the drone to weigh 300 grams or less, go slowter than 60 km/h and have propeller guards on. There's already a modded version of the spark spreading in Italy (X300S) these days which complies to those rules and I'm really interested in it, since some people have shown interest in my droning here and there. I'm gonna subscribe Sparkpilots ASAP!
X300S - DJI Spark COMBO 300g (compreso kit alleggerimento e pratiche)

There are like 5 different threads on this already.

On this forum?

I'll predict a spark update, it's been what about 6 months, not too long but maybe it's an effort to get it out there again before Christmas and tout some new features making it more "user friendly". Or a brand new Phantom (i.e. 5). Not thinking any Phantom or Mavic updates, just had those. Inspire probably isn't worth them advertising.

This was recently discussed here. Be sure and check the search or look at the suggested post at the bottom as you are crafting yours. ;)
Thread closed. Please comment further here - DJI announcement Oct 11- new Mavic?

duplicate_content.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000