DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let's help DJI design the Mavic Pro 2 (or whatever it's called)

floyd

Reactions
The introduction of the Air has prompted many insightful, intelligent, passionate comments regarding new features and improved specs on the Mavic Air that should be on the next generation Mavic Pro. Many Mavic Pro owners appear to want to hold on to their Pros until the Generation 2 Mavic Pro 2 comes out sometime in the future.

Assuming DJI will introduce a Mavic Pro 2 in the future, I think we should provide some REASONABLE design improvements. Again, within reason and to stay in the Mavic Pro/Platinum price point, what specs, features and design improvements would you like to see in the next generation Mavic? And what features can DJI delete from the current Pro?

I don't know the technical terminology as well as I should, but I'll start the list:

1. Rear sensors (along with the current front and bottom)
2. Mavic Air firmware
3. 20mp camera with larger sensor
4. That cool intelligent pilot feature the Air has
5. Boomerang
6. Quite flight like the Platinum

I think DJI should drop the "Pro" model and call the generation 2 version: Mavic Platinum Pro

Reactions: gavin
Great ideas, but you're likely a little late to the game. It looks like the Mavic Pro 2 is already out of beta testing.

Tweet.jpg

Wow! Yeah, you're right. Looks like this thread is going to get thrown in the archives pretty quick. When I read folks saying the MP2 would be out toward the end of this year, I kinda assumed (yeah, I know what assuming does!) the gen, 2 Mavic Pro was still on the drawing board. Seems I don't fully understand the process for designing, testing, then introducing a new drone model!

Since the tweet is dated January 20, will the drone be available to the public sooner than end of the year?

One thing i'd like to see is them actually treating the Pro as more of a pro product. Alot of the features on the current models appeal to and in many cases help newer users but in doing so become PITA feature bloat that get in the way of experienced users. The Air can now occupy that spot, but allow the Pro to add back in items that were removed in the name of safety for the casual/unexperienced users like switchable ATTI modes, more control over ascent/descent rates, gains, braking distances, etc. Somewhat along those lines would be just adding user customizeable and switchable flight modes.

Reactions: CynicalZombie
will the drone be available to the public sooner than end of the year?
Nobody knows for sure (or at least aren't allowed to tell). OsitaLV has been very consistent with his "predictions" (leaked information?), so I'd say there is a very good chance we'll see it within the next couple of months.

You wanna help the Mavic buy Evo
Stiff competition is the only way consumers get what they want

Hmm... Is the Evo what the Mavic Pro 2 should become?
According to dji, right after they released the Mavic Pro they started working on a better much more sophisticated drone. They coughed up Air
Did they listen to what their customers want, NO
Competition is the only way that makes them pay attention to us.
I hear a lot of people saying that dji will crush this company as they crushed that company. Well, that's neither good news to me nor to the drone business

Bigger Battery. Self tightening props like the Phantom. Side and rear sensors. Better camera. Better in wind. Faster. I’d be happy with just the self tightening props and a bigger battery though.

1" sensor with 4K@30fps at 100Mbps without too many compression artifacts, 4K@60fps would be nice. That alone will make me buy it. But, more obstacle avoidance would be nice. I am fine with the size and air time. They would be nice but just gravy for me. If I did not think there was a reasonable chance for the MP 2 to be coming out fairly soon and future reviews indicate the video quality of the Mavic Air is what you would expect for 4K@30fps/100Mbps, I would be tempted.

I see the actual Mavic Pro fitting in two categories:
- Travel drone (foldable, small, long flight timing, very strong performance, quite good 4k camera with cinematic features)...
- Race drone (small, very fast in sport mode, reactive and intuitive to pilot)

I hope Mavic 2 will keep the same category with providing:
- Best camera on a drone ever (let me dream!), foldable as always, few more flight minutes (36 could be impressive), better tracking, cinematic,...
- propellers that can rotate forward in sport mode (this feature that no one has suggest I should make a copyright..LOL!) so that the drone can gain speed keeping his flight asset (aereodynamic)

Reactions: KevinT
We can all dream but hopefully they will have a better gimble/camera that is well protected and durable. Too many stories of crashes where the drone works but not the gimble.

3e711d720c81a402dc7b3abb7a2956a8.jpg

One month to go... Mavic Pro 2

They should make it water resistant at least. And have self tightening propellers like the Phantom. I’d be happy with that. I’m too scared to fly my Mavic over the water but my phantom no problem. Never had a problem with the phantoms props only the Mavic

Last edited:
We can all dream but hopefully they will have a better gimble/camera that is well protected and durable. Too many stories of crashes where the drone works but not the gimble.

Instead of upgrading the camera. They should make it a removable camera like the inspire. That way you can upgrade it as you like when you want to. People would actually end up spending more money because they would buy the drone and when they can afford to buy a better camera they would buy one of DJIs better cameras. It’s so annoying that you’re stuck with one camera. And the Mavic propellers drive me crazy

Reactions: BLZE02
I’m surprised nobody has added “quieter” to their wishlist. I would love a Mavic Pro 2 with a focus to reduce sound even more than the Platinum’s sound level. The less people hear and notice my drone the less I’d have to explain that most people fly their drones for pictures or the joy of flying vs spying on the neighbor.

Reactions: floyd
Nobody knows for sure (or at least aren't allowed to tell). OsitaLV has been very consistent with his "predictions" (leaked information?), so I'd say there is a very good chance we'll see it within the next couple of months.

OsitaLV seems to be a young Chinese guy by the name of Xiaolin (吕肖林) with likely connections to the DJI product development. On his youtube account, he claims to be the 1st person to unbox the DJI Cendence remote controller :D

OsitaLV seems to be a young Chinese guy by the name of Xiaolin (吕肖林) with likely connections to the DJI product development. On his youtube account, he claims to be the 1st person to unbox the DJI Cendence remote controller :D
So Im reading rumors everywhere about this next DJI drone at the end of March. However, there seems to be a split opinion. Some say its the P5P while the other side says its the MP-II.

Now,...what do we KNOW for sure? DJI will absolutely have a LARGE pavillion on display at the National Accociation of Broadcasters convention in Las Vegas on April 9. It like CES for content creators, TV companies and equipment manufacturers. Its EXTREMELY large global show. I go every year and DJI is very big out there.

"IF" they have a new drone, DJI will likely announce it right before the show and then display and fly in their super sized net ring for people.

So,...end of March is perfect timing as every company announces all its cameras and gear just before the convention starts.

Wow......

Reactions: #28

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78