DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Let's help DJI design the Mavic Pro 2 (or whatever it's called)

I’m surprised nobody has added “quieter” to their wishlist. I would love a Mavic Pro 2 with a focus to reduce sound even more than the Platinum’s sound level. The less people hear and notice my drone the less I’d have to explain that most people fly their drones for pictures or the joy of flying vs spying on the neighbor.
Not likely. The Mavic 2 will probably be heavier if 4s battery and 1 inch camera sensor are included. Weight impacts noise level negatively, but hopefully they minimize noise increase with good propeller design like they did with Platinum.

They should make it water resistant at least. And have self tightening propellers like the Phantom. I’d be happy with that. I’m too scared to fly my Mavic over the water but my phantom no problem. Never had a problem with the phantoms props only the Mavic

What's wrong with the current props? I've only ever removed them when I got the quieter ones, those have now been attached for months...

I'm hoping for the better camera, especially one that doesn't have to be focused. A more robust, sophisticated and updated gimbal would be nice. At least 16 gib of internal memory and 2 micro SD card slots would also be nice. Rear OA is a given, and replaceable batteries for the RC would be really nice. All of that topped off with new flight modes. Ok, Ok, multiple colors for those who care.

Reactions: floyd
287e8fe5179604cf955148993f28edaa.jpg

Here we go!!!

96b54f98ec7707860ebb83e1376946f0.jpg

MP2 bigger than MP!!

6015e9b1a9cb6bc914bf79b2b70f1d83.jpg

release on 22.03.2018... this mean is going to be presented at Commercial UAV Europe in April?

The tweet projects a March 22 "release" date. From how DJI has done new product releases in the past, does March 22 mean all the youtube drone channel personalities will get their Mavic Pro IIs to promote/sell the product on youtube (like the Air)? Or does March 22 mean the general public can pre-order the Pro II? Or does March 22 mean the general public can place an order for product that is in stock?

I realize none of my questions can be definitively answered, but I'm wondering if DJI follows a standard "release" procedure.

All I want are side and rear sensors, and a better gimbal (configured like the Mavic Air and Spark).

Any word about an official announcement and shipping date?
DJI doesn't officially announce releases ahead of time. So, we likely won't hear a peep from them until a week or two prior to the release event.

MP2PRICE.JPG If this guy's tweets are fairly credible then it is obvious that the new line of dji drones will be Mavic Air, Mavic Pro II, and Phantom 5 with considerable price and specs difference.

Better quality camera
  • 4K/60 @ 100mbps - 60fps 4K is a MUST!
  • better night quality!
  • Fixed focus or better software to make sure I’m in focus
  • Some way to zoom in (not digital zoom) maybe a solution like the iPhone? (2 lenses?)
Rear Sensors… but eventually I want sensors on all sides
Longer Battery Life
Quieter
Water Resistance

...and I completely agree with Big Fil... I’d like a switchable ATTI mode, more control over ascent/descent rates, gains, braking distances, etc.

Let us keep it clean here, pretend your grandmother is reading this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique