DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

LETS SEE YOUR BEST PICS OR VIDEOS

I have way to many vids to pic a favorite, but this vid of Sedona was the first trip I took my Mavic Pro Platinum and I like how simple but beautiful the video is.

My favorite video with my Mavic Air is probably this video I shot in Ireland. Drove through some beautiful countryside and amazing views of the cliffs and oceans.
Hate to be the downer with reality, but like so many magnificent places, UAV's are prohibited all throughout Sedona Red Rock Country... They are probably afraid you'll get in the way of one of the way-too-many tour helicopters already ruining the solitude. (And it is all within 5 miles of the airport there.)
Keep breaking the rules, they'll ban us altogether.
Dougn

Reactions: Drgnfli
Highway 108, California
ca hwy 88 WMs 4mp.jpg

Reactions: droneyboi
Hate to be the downer with reality, but like so many magnificent places, UAV's are prohibited all throughout Sedona Red Rock Country... They are probably afraid you'll get in the way of one of the way-too-many tour helicopters already ruining the solitude. (And it is all within 5 miles of the airport there.)
Dougn
@aWingnut ... Actually, the last time I checked, about a year ago, there were multiple signs posted by airport personnel barring drone flight. However, to my knowledge neither the town, nor the airport has passed any ordinance/laws barring drone flight. The usual airport restrictions related to the runway must be observed and there is a lot of low flying helicopter flight.

Has something changed?

Here's some aerials of Truk Lagoon in Micronesia as well as some underwater shots we did for Blue Lagoon:

Reactions: Thomas B
Thank you Thomas... Chuuk has about 40 or so diveable WWII wrecks. Shown here are Fujikawa Maru (fishy one at the start), Rio de Janiero Maru, Sankisan Maru, Nippo Maru, Hoki Maru, Heian Maru and the Kensho Maru. The wrecks are a wonderful mix of marine life and history. I live in Guam so it is close and I try to get there once a year or so.

Reactions: Thomas B
Dougn
Not saying you're wrong, because the rules may have changed since my flight. But at the time I intentionally stayed stayed out of State and National park, and also made sure I was beyond the city limits because of suggestions from a previous post on this forum regarding "No Drone" signs posted around the city. I do 100% agree that there were WAY too many helicopters in the area/valley, but because they were so loud it was easy to hear and avoid flying near them. I'm completely open to hear your take on this, but don't want to hijack this post so please move any response over to this thread.

Also, here's a great article talking about the airspace over Sedona.

Seems like the city of Sedona is trying to control the airspace OUTSIDE city limits but currently doesn't have the jurisdiction to do so. But I'm interested to hear your thoughts over at the other thread. Thanks again.

Last edited:
@aWingnut ... Actually, the last time I checked, about a year ago, there were multiple signs posted by airport personnel barring drone flight. However, to my knowledge neither the town, nor the airport has passed any ordinance/laws barring drone flight. The usual airport restrictions related to the runway must be observed and there is a lot of low flying helicopter flight.

Has something changed?
Every trail head says drones prohibited, as do all Forest Service publications. Also any flight within 5 miles of an airport is prohibited regardless. I'd love to fly there, but I go out of town to the west past the prohibited zones for flying.

Not saying you're wrong, because the rules may have changed since my flight. But at the time I intentionally stayed stayed out of State and National park, and also made sure I was beyond the city limits because of suggestions from a previous post on this forum regarding "No Drone" signs posted around the city. I do 100% agree that there were WAY too many helicopters in the area/valley, but because they were so loud it was easy to hear and avoid flying near them. I'm completely open to hear your take on this, but don't want to hijack this post so please move any response over to this thread.

Seems like the city of Sedona is trying to control the airspace OUTSIDE city limits but currently doesn't have the jurisdiction to do so. But I'm interested to hear your thoughts over at the other thread. Thanks again.
Interesting article I was unaware of. Would I go to court over it? Seems like the USFS makes their own rules all of the time. I tend to respect local opinion, tho, as an occasional visitor. But on that line, if local opinion was respected there would be no tour helicopters or bi-plane rides.

In fact, by current Arizona statute ( now 2 years old), no entity (town, city, HOAs, etc) within the state, excluding federally controlled land and airport controlled airspace, can make laws governing the use of drones.

But I agree... back on topic.

Reactions: Drgnfli and BingErr

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat