DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Letter From DJI About Remote ID

What bothers me about this whole remote ID requirement is they will be watching you for potential violations to the regulations, and making you pay a fee for it! I see many part 107 operators going out of business over this proposal if it is allowed to go through. I guess my MPP will be nothing more than a doorstop or I will be violating the ID requirement. They can have my 107 certificate.
I wonder why they’re so hell bent on this proposal becoming rule? Who stands to benefit on the board at the FAA? Is someone on the board invested in the fee structure?
So many questions and not enough oversight. ?

Reactions: strdr and xspwhite
In all the discussions on the issue the one area that seems to have been overlooked both by the FAA and users is the lack of cell service in vast areas of the west and Alaska. The proposed rule would have a profound impact on search and rescue drones, firefighting, agriculture, ranching, cinematography, landscape photography, research, - and the list goes on.

I sent in comments and alerted many national organizations whose members use drones about the issue and comment period.

What bothers me about this whole remote ID requirement is they will be watching you for potential violations to the regulations, and making you pay a fee for it! I see many part 107 operators going out of business over this proposal if it is allowed to go through. I guess my MPP will be nothing more than a doorstop or I will be violating the ID requirement. They can have my 107 certificate.
I wonder why they’re so hell bent on this proposal becoming rule? Who stands to benefit on the board at the FAA? Is someone on the board invested in the fee structure?
So many questions and not enough oversight. ?
If this rule goes into effect I will be violating the rules on day one. and continue until some enterprising young guy comes up with a chip for $25 to be within the rules. ?

dji has made the.... dji aeroscope….. to track drones..read in the other post on this forum what there doing in spain..so why dont leo just use that to catch the trouble makers ?? I say go vote for Bernie sanders if you going to settle for this purposed law

dji has made the.... dji aeroscope….. to track drones..read in the other post on this forum what there doing in spain..so why dont leo just use that to catch the trouble makers ?? I say go vote for Bernie sanders if you going to settle for this purposed law
Currently only works for DJI drones I believe. Plus range is relatively low requiring a lot of them.

In all the discussions on the issue the one area that seems to have been overlooked both by the FAA and users is the lack of cell service in vast areas of the west and Alaska. The proposed rule would have a profound impact on search and rescue drones, firefighting, agriculture, ranching, cinematography, landscape photography, research, - and the list goes on.

I sent in comments and alerted many national organizations whose members use drones about the issue and comment period.
While not as vast as Alaska, since almost 90% of Arizona is National Forest, BLM, or state trust land, I voiced this concern in part of my input to FAA. Restricting my flight to a 40’ diameter hemisphere protects no one and nothing in the deep deserts of this state... even less sense if it’s done because there’s no cell service. I contended these were the safest places in Arizona to fly a UAS.

Reactions: strdr
DJI did a push notification through the Go4 iOS app about this recently as well. I noticed it last night when I was checking over my gear prior to flying today. I hope it informs and inspires enough comments from all of us to do some good.

Reactions: barrybcar
Register your drone if it qualifies or face a 27000 fine. That's absurd in itself, so the absurdity is only going to get more ridiculous. I call it too lazy to do their job. Like have they found the guys in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska? Were they getting ready to get their hand slapped so they gave up searching?

Reactions: xspwhite
Done.
My take is to endorse the ARC recommendation to have automatic radio registration for the restricted airspaces only, and not run by private contractors (who will have virtually no monitoring over what they do with your data, think FACEBOOK).
I concluded:
This whole scheme is going be impossible to adequately monitor, and even worse to enforce compliance.

Please do spend a couple minutes posting your original opinions to the FAA. Monday will be too late.

If this goes through, existing drones will be non-compliance as all drones will need to be upgraded or purchased with the new tech to be able to transmit over the proposed network. So you will have to spend big bcks to upgrade or buy compliant craft. Commercial or Hobbiest does not make a difference.

So if this goes through as written, you your existing drone will be paperweights unless you fly illegally.

Reactions: xspwhite
OK my comment is ready as a PDF. Ive filled out the form with several NONE comments. So I provided no fax number as I don't have one, no organization name because I'm a person, no Submitter's Representative as I don't have one, and for the Government Agency Type I'm stumped what to input...Local??? I'm looking for local citizen as I'm not a gov agency but there is none in the drop down menu. By choosing local I can put "none" in the Government Agency box because I ain't that either. Why does it not offer me a way to suggest I'm only a citizen with a comment. What am I supposed to put in as gov agency?

OK my comment is ready as a PDF. Ive filled out the form with several NONE comments. So I provided no fax number as I don't have one, no organization name because I'm a person, no Submitter's Representative as I don't have one, and for the Government Agency Type I'm stumped what to input...Local??? I'm looking for local citizen as I'm not a gov agency but there is none in the drop down menu. By choosing local I can put "none" in the Government Agency box because I ain't that either. Why does it not offer me a way to suggest I'm only a citizen with a comment. What am I supposed to put in as gov agency?
You mean they don't want to hear from us, only other government agencies?

The FAA form I submitted on didn’t have these fields at least that I noticed or were required before submitting my comment - this is the link I used to post my comment below.

Hello, there sure is a lot of words in this proposal, seemingly necessary In regard to public safety.

Thank you to those who contributed as it pertains to the best practices of drone operation. I support the FAA's efforts to maintain control of drone activity in the USA. The ability to hold drone pilots accountable is crucial to keeping the airspace safe.

Seemingly, the current proposed regulations of the Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems are burdensome, in that they will require a drone operator to either be connected to the internet at all times, or at some point synchronize data with a cloud service. This process is unrealistice and often times not possible, in that some operate drones in remote areas without access to the internet and may not have connectivity for several days. Some of the most amaziing footage and discoveries would not be possible if the details of the Remote Identification of Unamanned Aircraft Syestems is put into effect.

The leader in drone technology, DJI, has already released a responsible approach to drone safety - including UUID broadcast and law enforcement scanning devices under a standard protocol. Enabling law enforcement to perform their duties timely is the most expeditious way to ensure drones fly safe and protect all involved. Seemingly, if law enforcement is required to access a government database in order to enforce safety hazards - this could become cumbersome on both sides of the issue.

The Remote Identification of Unammanned Aircract Systems as proposed by the FAA is currently cumbersome and somewhat unrealistic. The current proposal of a centralized government database for drone flights in the USA will stifle innovation with a hollow outcome. The many drone manufacturers should be the entity to develop practical approaches like those already offered by drone manufacturer DJI. UUID broadcast and scanning provided a much more realistic and effective tool for law enforcement to preform their duties, without having to rely on an internet connection and registration while accessing a government database.

Thank you for listening.

Last edited:
The FAA form I submitted on didn’t have these fields at least that I noticed or were required before submitting my comment - this is the link I used to post my comment below.

Wow I was on a totally different link than you supplied and it had this in the disclaimer:
You are filing a document into an official docket. Any personal information included in your comment text and/or uploaded attachment(s) may be publicly viewable on the web.

I sure hope I'm sending to the correct site. I did go ahead and post to your link. I also backed out of this link:
Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Hope this is the correct move.

Not helping.
Clarify?
Wow I was on a totally different link than you supplied and it had this in the disclaimer:
You are filing a document into an official docket. Any personal information included in your comment text and/or uploaded attachment(s) may be publicly viewable on the web.

I sure hope I'm sending to the correct site. I did go ahead and post to your link. I also backed out of this link:
Remote Identification of Unmanned Aircraft Systems

Hope this is the correct move.
You can be anonymous if you don't fill out your name (which it does for you). Notice what other comments are on there. Wait that is a different link. And it has a ... which one is the right one? Apparently you can comment on either one, but they have a different feel.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman