DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 Liastovichy Vir waterfall and 4-th Avata suicide attempt

As a fellow Avanta owner that has experienced loss of control over water. I wonder if DJI gave us the ability to disable the downward vision sensors would we still experience this same issue flying over water. I have flown my Mavic 3 Pro over water and not have the same issue with loss of control. Is it the vision sensors causing the issues or some other issue causing the drone to ignore the controller commands from the motion controller?

Reactions: alex_markov
As a fellow Avanta owner that has experienced loss of control over water. I wonder if DJI gave us the ability to disable the downward vision sensors would we still experience this same issue flying over water. I have flown my Mavic 3 Pro over water and not have the same issue with loss of control. Is it the vision sensors causing the issues or some other issue causing the drone to ignore the controller commands from the motion controller?
Well for me it's a software problem. But DJI will never admit it - first time i rised the problem support tald me it's my falt flying over water, second time my fault again this time losing sat's :( ;)

I don't know what is happening, but it seems to me the Avanta follows the flow of the water and ignores the commands from the motion controller. I have seen this going in the direction of the water flow and opposing the water flow direction. I do not see the same behavior with the mini 3 pro with the motion controller or the DJI-RC remote. I have had the mini-3 pro within a foot of the fast- flowing water and had no issues with loss of control. One of the times I had the Avanta reverse its direction while over water I played back the file recorded from the Goggles and noticed the Horizontal speed never changed on the display even when the drone stopped going forwarded and reversed direction with the motion controller still commanding the drone to proceed forward.

Another good one

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinhayesroberts