DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Light Accessories for Mavic Air 2

7amanian

Reactions
Hello Pilots,

I have been searching for lights accessories for the MA2 similar to the cube lights for the light painting project that I have.

I found these small lights online and they worked just fine but there is always but.... lights were not strong....

1628078980698.png

Any idea where i can get similar to these LUME CUBE lights for Mavic Air 2? seems what available is only for Mavic Pro and Zoom.

I have a pair for my Mavic Gen I, they work, but they are a bit on the heavy side, and it does change how the AC handles, sluggish and slow response due to the mass/weight.
But that is for 2 lights mounted.
You might be able to get away with one, Don't know how much you AC can handle.
But another factor may be mounting it to your AC, You might have to come up with something yourself, or hunt the 3d printing circuit, and see if there is something out the wild...

Reactions: 7amanian
Have you tried the bottom LED that aids in landing the MA2 when it's dark?

You can toggle the light off / on with the remote by programming the Fn button.

Another alternative may be a strobe light that can remain ON and not blink.

I purchased a four pack of Firehouse ARC V strobes that have the ability to remain ON and are pretty bright at night.

dji drone strobe light anti collision light

I have them mounted on the arms with Aerial
- Pixel 3d printed mounts.

3D PRINTED

Good luck. :cool:

I have a pair for my Mavic Gen I, they work, but they are a bit on the heavy side, and it does change how the AC handles, sluggish and slow response due to the mass/weight.
But that is for 2 lights mounted.
You might be able to get away with one, Don't know how much you AC can handle.
But another factor may be mounting it to your AC, You might have to come up with something yourself, or hunt the 3d printing circuit, and see if there is something out the wild...
Thanks for the advice, I was thi king to go to the 3d option ?

Thanks alot. The light in the drone is not sufficient for the project that I have along side with the lights I purchased.

3d seems to be a good solution ?
Thanks, if you don't mind can you show me how is it on drone? And possibly a footage?

Reactions: MA2 317
Thanks, if you don't mind can you show me how is it on drone? And possibly a footage?

Sure.

Check back in about twenty minutes....

I'm back.
Had to walk the dog. :)

Unfortunately, it's daylight here and the pictures aren't that great.

It was taken at about 300 feet out (90m) and 150 feet up (45m).

I'll try to get out later tonight or early in the morning for a couple of reference pictures. ?

Sorry. No video.

IMG_20210805_160013109.jpgAugust 5, 2021 44743 PM EDT.jpg

After talking to my copilot that has more knowledge than I when it comes to the photography terms, I may be wrong. ?

When I read "light painting project"... I interpreted it as attaching a light source to a drone, and then record the flight in the sky with another camera on a tripod with the shutter open to trace the light and produce a light painting.

I was told that light painting is when you are illuminating a subject from above with a light source.

I learn something new every day. ?

Thanks a lot, Pilots.

Here is the first picture I have taken a while ago ( testing ) using the lights of the drone with the attachments i mentioned before.

I will invest in the suggested lights to make it even better.

Don't judge :p it's the first time :) 8cfced89b3113b41-photo.jpg

Thanks a lot, Pilots.

Here is the first picture I have taken a while ago ( testing ) using the lights of the drone with the attachments i mentioned before.

I will invest in the suggested lights to make it even better.

Don't judge :p it's the first time :) View attachment 133994

That's pretty cool.

A real life UFO ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato