Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

Lighted blades....your thoughts

ROBERTNCREST

Reactions
I saw these LED lighted blades on eBay and wondered if anyone has bought them and what do you think?
DJI Mavic Pro Propellers LED Light Platinum Accessories Drone Propeller
upload_2018-5-21_7-23-42.png

neggy

Reactions
"light up the night"? I thought it was illegal to fly at night without a 107.29 waiver.

Those props do not meet FAA guidelines for 3 mile strobes by any stretch of the imagination

More crap the machine does not need

Reactions: ksmusa

Mavflyer

Reactions
"light up the night"? I thought it was illegal to fly at night without a 107.29 waiver.

Those props do not meet FAA guidelines for 3 mile strobes by any stretch of the imagination

No need to call the drone police. We have many forum members who are on duty :D

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
No kidding and all the guy asked was had anyone bought them.
Guy's lighten up .
See what I did there Mav ?

tcope

Reactions
IMHO, would be cool... for about 1 flight. Then completely pointless.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hey I got a box full of stuff like that still that I havn't sent someone wanting it .
I got stuff from my FC40 days. Fella gotta have stuff . :)

ROBERTNCREST

Reactions
Thanks for all your inputs. after watching a few of the YTs I don't think they are for me. :)
Now how about them sticker???? J/K

Robert

Reactions: ksmusa

Derek_M

Reactions
Just don’t it’s a waste of money I would rather get an accessory for my mavic like an anti glare piece for the camera or a thumb stick protector for my controller.

Reactions: BrooklynFlyer

Red Baron

Reactions

Actually you have it reversed a 107 is not allowed to fly at night hobbyist can

serpa4

Reactions
I have them. Really cool, but for some reason, they really screw with the stability of the Mavic. Mine drifts a lot in a hover, doesn't fly straight lines, and when going over about 20mph, it has a really bad wobble. On amazon, where I got mine, there are a few reviews confirming that. I feel ok flying them in the normal non sport mode. I've flow it about 5 times, but have not seen much need to do more. I don't like the stability. They are factory blades in appearance, but have LED installed and a battery on top of the hub.
Night is fine if your a recreational flyer.

tictag

Reactions
This is correct, there are no night flying restrictions for hobbyists but part 107 owners need to apply for a night flying waiver from the FAA. With that said, this is only required for commercial flights ... just because you have a part 107 doesn't mean that you are no longer a hobbyist!

Reactions: JSKCKNIT

JoelP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is correct, there are no night flying restrictions for hobbyists but part 107 owners need to apply for a night flying waiver from the FAA. With that said, this is only required for commercial flights ... just because you have a part 107 doesn't mean that you are no longer a hobbyist!
So when they say that a certain strobe meets part 107 requirements that means that a commercial drone pilot has to use such a strobe to meet that spec luminance when operating under a waiver at night?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 2 Case

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derryman