DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lighting Strobe with Air 2S

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I am not a fan of the Brightest Lights or anything that causes more attention to my drone.
This is why I liked the Lume Cube its purposeful but not overbearing to the viewers. Thus less phone calls to the Police.

I have come to reason that the more people that see your drone in the sky increases the chances of a Karen. and there are many of those out there.

So here is my video on the Lume and How I use it.
So the key is that you have to pull back or forward on the drone for the light to show , as it will not show well in a hover position , but is a great for planes .

• Love
Reactions: projectarjun
I purchased one LumeCube, one Firehouse Arc V, and one DR-02 from Ulanzi, one of these I plan to affix to the bottom of the drone in hopes of better visibility when sending the aircraft further away :)

@Phantomrain.org what is the light you have affixed to the bottom of your drone?

• Haha
Let the Carnival of lights begin, I hope you post a video and enjoy the process.

Phantomrain.org
Coal
Haha, will do, how do you recommend I should attach a light to the bottom of the drone? Is double-locking tape secure enough or should I consider a rubberband as well?

Haha, will do, how do you recommend I should attach a light to the bottom of the drone? Is double-locking tape secure enough or should I consider a rubberband as well?

3M dal lock velcro is recommended.
It's held all my FHT (dual and ARCII) on arms / body no problems, even with smaller amounts on skinny arms and front landing arms.

Not sure if 3 could be fitted under any drone with sensors.
Also not sure if any of the arm mounts allow a strobe to be faced down, perhaps on some models if arms are squarer shape.

Perhaps for 3 strobes it might be fine for normal arm mounts for larger strobes to be facing forward / back, you'll still see them.
The DR-02 looks quite large too.

edit typo

Last edited:
Are you planning on hand catching the drone , as the drone will not sit flush with the bottom lights under it.

Many use the Velcro but I think you would better off with the light on the front arm or even tail .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain.

Are you planning on hand catching the drone , as the drone will not sit flush with the bottom lights under it.

Many use the Velcro but I think you would better off with the light on the front arm or even tail .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2S in the Rain.
No plans yet for hand catching my drone, still using landing pads :D

I have to confirm that this position of the strobe works perfect.. Good day visibility and no problem with rear sensors. Everything work just fine.
cc9de81b530c010ce2fca9ff95798204.jpg
a6cae3ee0b46aa04db064b3dbaf9b769.jpg

• Wow
I have to confirm that this position of the strobe works perfect.. Good day visibility and no problem with rear sensors. Everything work just fine.
How did you manage to stick it to the back, wouldn't it get loose overtime?

Right now I'm using two sided 3m sticker for temporary use, after the flight I've remove it from the body, because it doesn't feat in my hard case with strobe on. It's only 16 grams and I'm not afraid to use this double sided 3m sticker because it hold it tough.

Right now I'm using two sided 3m sticker for temporary use, after the flight I've remove it from the body, because it doesn't feat in my hard case with strobe on. It's only 16 grams and I'm not afraid to use this double sided 3m sticker because it hold it tough.
There's also 3M double locking tape, not sure if that's a good idea though for the side, but top is fine, worked fine with the Lume Cube

Reactions: LostInDark
3M dual lock velcro is pretty good.
I use that on my M1P legs, rear panel, and sides on the Spark.

I also use it on the strobes on a commuting bike when I ride it daily when interstate to work and back to my brothers place, and roads are really bumpy.
Never had an issue with it coming loose from the mount.
This is with duals or arcII.

Reactions: LostInDark
One year later and another set of questions. First, what is that between the ARC V and the body of the drone? Also, now that you have had this configuration for a while how did it work out in the long run?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian