DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lights on your Flights....

BillyBoot

Reactions
Hello people...... I was just wondering if any of you have lights on your drones? After market lights.

Nice and small..... What powers those lights?

The LED light is visible from 3 miles away at night—making it compatible with latest FAA and CAA anti collision light rules for drones.

The on-board battery lasts for 2+ hours of continuous use and can be recharged via a micro USB cable.

WoW those are nice....Soo you don't have to open the drone to do any wire work..
Are they easy to mount?
It's good to know that the unit has its own battery..

I too have these x 3 and have flown at night past 2 miles and the are VERY visible. I leave mine on the drone and the fwd arms will fold with them installed. The rear unit I just velcro on to my rear landing gear. Great for via during daytime too.

Reactions: SpikeSky
I think they are great, it's just too bad dji does not build them into the mavic so you could have integrated control of the strobes. That would be sweet!

Msinger sells the mounts as well.
For anyone who is interested, I make these mounts for both the Mavic Pro and Mavic Air:

4s.jpg

11s.jpg

I even use them in the daytime and can see them out to about 4000'. After that it's hard to spot them once you've looked away. At dusk they are something else and are very bright. I've got red and green on each side on a plastic bracket that snaps over the battery. Used velcro for the back landing gear and the lower front strobe is just behind the camera on that flat spot which seems to works well. Those are white and can be seen further than the red or green ones. The front strobe does shoot downward so it will show up on the camera in low light especially if the camera is pointing down. My buddies grandkid put his Spark into a pine tree about 30' up. The strobes made it easier to find so that is another plus to having them. Thankfully I had my extendo stick to reach up and knock it to the ground but if he didn't have that strobe on we probably wouldn't have been able to see the Spark.

I was flying just after dusk. Got some nice sunset photos, but I don't think I would dare fly at night. Camera can't pick up anything. The vision system (OA and landing) doesn't work. It didn't like it when it land on my hand as it was quite dark when it was time to land.
You can't use the camera see where you are going. Just blinking lights in the sky. If you fly too low and hit a tree cos OA doesn't work, at least you can see how far up the tree it's stuck in, or see a what looks like a shooting star hit the ground. ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki