DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Like the easy Pan on Zoom and Pro

VietVet

Reactions
Just tried the Pan and Tilt. Touch and hold your finger to the screen of your Iphone, Ipad or whatever your using, then move left, right, up and down. Gimbal will move in all those directions with your finger movement. C1 2x centers gimbal.

Reactions: sparkies
The funny thing is, the FAQ on DJI's site says gimbal doesn't have side to side control, but coming soon for head track with their goggles.

Did you try it? Worked for me, maybe they are keeping quiet??

Yes, I've tried it. It does work. There's also videos out there that show it works.

Why not yaw? You may want to fly in one direction and look to the side either to film, or quickly check for obstructions.

Another reason to not yaw and pan camera Vs yaw and fly sideways: you'll still have effectiveness of front/back obstacle avoidance. Side avoidance is only in limited modes.

Reactions: Derlisz
Another reason to not yaw and pan camera Vs yaw and fly sideways: you'll still have effectiveness of front/back obstacle avoidance. Side avoidance is only in limited modes.
Dan-Thanks for the FYI.

Why would you want to do this versus yawing the drone?

I'm thinking that panning the gimbal rather than yawing the drone will keep the forward looking sensors looking forward. Should help with obstacle avoidance. According to the manual (page 22), the side looking sensors don't operate other than in ActiveTrack and Tripod modes, which I generally won't be using while flying reconnaissance around the farm.

Of course an issue with panning vs yawing could be obtrusion of the propellor blades or the aircraft's legs into the camera's field of view.

I have the RE googles, and have full up/down/left/right control. (mavic zoom)

I tried it but it it is not very positive i.e. the gimbal carries on moving when your fingers stop. Will require practice.

Answer to my own post if you keep your finger on the screen the gimbal keeps moving. Take your finger off the screen and it stops immediately

The finger movement is similar to pressing the mouse wheel in a browser to scroll. The farther you move your finger, the faster the gimbal moves.

Would be nice if we could set the gimbal pan to one of the many programmable buttons.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin