DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Lipo Drone Strobes Firehouse Technology

Stevee7270

Reactions
Hi All,
I have read that I will not have a problem travelling on domestic airlines in Aus with the Mavic Mini and batteries in their charging hub.
But what about the strobes that I Velcro to the MM (Firehouse Arc Technology) they have little Lipo batteries attached to them are they allowed on the plane?

Reactions: ssvdh66
A small LiPo for a strobe won't be an issue. That battery would be similar in size to what you'll find in the average smartwatch these days.

Quick search reports a capacity of 240mAh or 0.8Wh. My Galaxy watch is quoted to be 472mAh (1.3Wh).
(Assuming nominal 3.7V)

Qantas policy is batteries over 160Wh are forbidden.
If they were going to worry about a battery that small, they would have very empty planes.

A small LiPo for a strobe won't be an issue. That battery would be similar in size to what you'll find in the average smartwatch these days.

Quick search reports a capacity of 240mAh or 0.8Wh. My Galaxy watch is quoted to be 472mAh (1.3Wh).
(Assuming nominal 3.7V)

Qantas policy is batteries over 160Wh are forbidden.
If they were going to worry about a battery that small, they would have very empty planes.
Thanks for your quick reply.
Size of the battery was not my concern at all the fact that it is a Lipo Battery was the concern.
I didn't think they were allowed to shipped by-air being such a volatile battery

Thanks for your quick reply.
Size of the battery was not my concern at all the fact that it is a Lipo Battery was the concern.
I didn't think they were allowed to shipped by-air being such a volatile battery

That could be why FHT won’t ship outside the US.
Air shipping probably for its them, although that might be in volume the way a wholesaler would buy them.

They do - but via eBay not their site. Mine came out ASAP all good.
And they are awesome, BTW!

Didn't try ebay, three times I've used that, 3 times bad result with goods.
FHT is probably better than most sellers though.

I have quite a lot of them now, extras bought for any Aussie pilots that want a few at my cost.

FHT stuffed up the 2nd order though (as they did my first, but rectified with the 2nd order) . . . I wanted the 4 pack ARCII in all white, ordered as such, and verified with a email follow up which was acknowledged.
Of course I got a freaking Nav setup sent, 2 white and one each of the coloured lights.
I have no use for red or green ones, grrrrr.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3