DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

List of all possible notifications?

jasonbrooks

Reactions
Hi folks,

I was flying yesterday when I'm 99% certain I saw a message very briefly saying "obstacle avoided". I was at least 10 if not 20m above tree height, so am confused as to what may have caused the message, and in fact doubting if I might've misread it. It also does not show on flight review, whilst other notifications do.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of all possible in-flight notifications? I'd be interested to try and understand what happened.

Cheers, jason

Reactions: MChittum
Jason,

I have had that happen twice in the last two weeks. My MP was above the trees. It flashed on the screen and then was gone. I immediately activated RTH.

Maybe someone will know what caused it.

Happy flying,

Mike

Yes there is a list of warnings, it is under general settings
(3 dots upper right hand corner)
As pictured below.
4087619db28356fc66e0093b69c32769.jpg

Reactions: MChittum
A lot of these false warnings happen when flying into the sun. For some reason the Mavic gets a glare and takes it to be an object.

Reactions: Kilrah and MChittum
Yup! I have had the sun trigger the warning,plus birds. You can disable them or switch to "sport mode" and fly back.

Reactions: TerryJ
Confirmed here too!

Just last week I was flying real early in the morning and the sun was still really low. On a routine RTH it triggered the obstacle avoidance warning. I cancelled the RTH and flew it back manually where I was met with the same warning twice more.

Sure enough, flying 'out' was away from the sun, the return journey back to me I had the sun directly behind me in the field.

False positives :(

I believe the set of "warnings" you are describing here is the "compiled" list that your particular MP compiles as you fly. This is not a standard list on every Mavic Pro. It is generated from all the pop-up warning you get on your Mavic each time you fly.

Every time a warning pops up on the screen it is added to this list of warnings, and you can simply clear this list any time you wish. When you're viewing the list of warnings there's an option to "Clear All Warnings" at the bottom of the list of warning.

Bud

Yes there is a list of warnings, it is under general settings
(3 dots upper right hand corner)
As pictured below.
4087619db28356fc66e0093b69c32769.jpg

Reactions: WizDrone
Hi folks,

I was flying yesterday when I'm 99% certain I saw a message very briefly saying "obstacle avoided". I was at least 10 if not 20m above tree height, so am confused as to what may have caused the message, and in fact doubting if I might've misread it. It also does not show on flight review, whilst other notifications do.

Does anyone know of a comprehensive list of all possible in-flight notifications? I'd be interested to try and understand what happened.

Cheers, jason
Maybe a bird

How many warnings are "false warnings" on the MP? I suddently now get a "warning" that there is "Strong WiFi Interfearance",and I'm out in the middle of no where? I think DJI needs to "dumb down" the software a little. The MP is like a drunk gunfighter,just itching to pull the trigger any second! LOL!:rolleyes: It gets to the point,that you just clear the warnings and fly. Then some day "maybe" the warning will be valid,and you will just brush it off,and could have a real problem,resulting in a crash!:mad: It's like the "Boy that Cried Wolf" after a while!:(

Last edited:
Reactions: wayy510
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krasto