DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and Dronelink... which do you think is better and why?

Litchi allows me to program waypoint missions without being connected to the drone so I can sit at my desk and layout a mission carefully then when it's ready I just go fly it. You also don't run down your drone battery while programming.
Shockingly i've been flying for over 5 years and have never.....i repeat never done a waypoint. I just purchased a Mavic Air 2 that will be delivered next week and i want to learn to do this! Not just waypoints, put learning to program at my desk during lunch break at work instead of being connected to the drone. I saw a few videos to set waypoints, but saw nothing about getting a mission from the laptop/desktop to the controller/drone. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm also trying to figure out what to expect if/when i go to litchi instead of DJI Go that is the only app i've ever used.

Shockingly i've been flying for over 5 years and have never.....i repeat never done a waypoint. I just purchased a Mavic Air 2 that will be delivered next week and i want to learn to do this! Not just waypoints, put learning to program at my desk during lunch break at work instead of being connected to the drone. I saw a few videos to set waypoints, but saw nothing about getting a mission from the laptop/desktop to the controller/drone. Can you point me in the right direction? I'm also trying to figure out what to expect if/when i go to litchi instead of DJI Go that is the only app i've ever used.
When you login to Litchi hub online and make then save your plan, it will save it to your account so when you login to your phone or tablet it will syncronize to it. So you can open waypoints in the phone/tablet and open it and run it.

I use litichi dronelink and the maven app for me the dronelink app is the worst for vitural stick drones such as the air 2 way to many jerk movements and will not keep a constant speed or smooth on waypoint mission I have the elite in dronelink but have not tried the mapping yet with the air which I will try next. I have a problem with dronelink where I can unlock the drone and fly the mission in a nfz but dronelink will not let a mission run but free flight only I posted this in dronelink forum and didn't receive any answer back. So I have not had a good experience at all and I have tried many times they do have the better backend of the apps. Maven app has provided the most smooth flight of all the apps but they do not have the good backend everything has to be done in the app and litich flies about the same as dronelink on the non smoothness.

I wonder (I will try when I get a chance) if the new EXP settings will help the choppiness when doing waypoint missions. From looking at this video it kinda looks promising.

Reactions: up&overimaging
I wonder (I will try when I get a chance) if the new EXP settings will help the choppiness when doing waypoint missions. From looking at this video it kinda looks promising.
Cool video thanks for sharing I don't know but to me I think that would help greatly for if you are manually controlling the sticks not sure that it will help in waypoint mode but please when you try share your results and let us know how it comes out. There does have to be a more control some kind of a way though for the maven app not to be near as choppy as dronelink and litich I truly look forward to your findings.

You can do the same with DL. You can also plan your mission on Litchi Hub and use it with DL.
I did not know that @Tufargon, thank you for the tip!

If you get a chance, is there any reason to plan on Litchi Hub over DL if I am going use on DL? I played with Litchi a bit, but really favor DL.

I did not know that @Tufargon, thank you for the tip!

If you get a chance, is there any reason to plan on Litchi Hub over DL if I am going use on DL? I played with Litchi a bit, but really favor DL.
I would say it depends on the mission. Honestly DL gives you more opitons for your mission. The only reason I researched this was because I had found a mission created on Litchi by someone in 2016 or so with a Phantom and I had DL and not Litchi. By the way you can have an account for Litchi Mission Hub without a sub to the actual app. All I had to do was export the mission (CSV file) and put it into DL. That same mission could be created way better in DL but it was created in the exact spot I live. I didn't do it because it went under then over a small bridge and I didn't wanna risk my 1000 buck investment. I may do it someday but not till I i'm ready.

DL's pricing is silly once you go above the Hobby/Basic price IMHO. It seems very Feature Rich but they are making bank off of a few instead of getting a little from a LOT of people. That's not even considering their Commercial pricing plan.... that's absurd!

DL's pricing is silly once you go above the Hobby/Basic price IMHO. It seems very Feature Rich but they are making bank off of a few instead of getting a little from a LOT of people. That's not even considering their Commercial pricing plan.... that's absurd!
Totally agree. Looks like they want to retire early at those prices.

Totally agree. Looks like they want to retire early at those prices.

Exactly. I was about to try them out "Commercially" after reading so much about them but their price matrix is very prohibitive and ridiculous.

Reactions: Tufargon
Well, I suppose they can always test the market high first and adjust from there. I was impressed that they have a published roadmap and seem to be executing on that roadmap as well. We all have to decide what is worth it or not. I made use of my personal plan until I realized I really needed it for commercial flights as well so I gave them their bits of gold. Honestly, it has been worth it. I just went with the middle tier "growth" plan.

I've used Dronelink and created a mission to do roof inspections where it stops every 15 feet and takes an photo, moves 15 feet and takes a photo etc all the way around and then it makes a video as it outlines the roof.. it finishes off with a climb up to 150 feet over the center of the roof and take a straight down video and photo of the roof. Took me forever to get it right but it does a good job and none of the picture distortion of taking photo's while moving.
I was just curious if Litchi had progressed well beyond what it does when I first tried it. As others have said, Dronelink's learning curve is a Betweent the A Hatch and The C hatch with a bad attitude, but it's powerful. (This software censors the bad b word.. how pathetic!)

Thanks for your reply and your time.
That sounds amazing, is that something that you've shared in the Dronelink Public Repositories?

This feature is built-in to Dronelink. You can preview your mission anytime within Dronelink. Not only do you see the path the drone flies but you also see what the camera sees at the same time in real time as the drone flies the path.

Chris
Can you change camera lens/fov in dronelink?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro