DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and the smart controller

WestyinWC

Reactions
Has anyone successfully got Litchi on a smart controller and working? If so what were the steps you followed? Thanks and Happy Father's day to the Dad's on here!

Was the Amazon version of Litchi proven more stable than the Google Play one ?

I guess this is a marketing strategy to make more money. This will make all SC users to buy another version of Litchi. Is is any prove that is a better version for SC i will get it. I need to see real feedback to convince me.

Has anyone successfully got Litchi on a smart controller and working? If so what were the steps you followed? Thanks and Happy Father's day to the Dad's on here!

bought and installed yesterday by amazon...tried it with the drone off and after a few test clicks to study the menu .the application crashed (without having done anything). I did a factory reset and now I'm back to my SC nice and clean. Better to avoid problems. I wonder how the dji FLy will ever be compatible on a device with so few resources.

bought and installed yesterday by amazon...tried it with the drone off and after a few test clicks to study the menu .the application crashed (without having done anything). I did a factory reset and now I'm back to my SC nice and clean. Better to avoid problems. I wonder how the dji FLy will ever be compatible on a device with so few resources.

Did you stop (Kill) the Amazon store app and DJI Go4 before starting Litchi on the Smart Controller?

If you swipe from top to bottom and open the Android menu, select recent apps and them close whatever you don't want open.
however, there are daemons (services) that still run in the background even when are not show there, like frameworks services that crash very often.

As @Thomas B mentioned. Do not run anything unnecessary on the Smart Controller.

Did you stop (Kill) the Amazon store app and DJI Go4 before starting Litchi on the Smart Controller?

Yes, I checked twice, I was looking at the menu and trying the various icons, when the application stopped suddenly. At least when the drone was off and on the ground I thought it would stay stable, but no, no I feel comfortable using an application that crashes trying only the menu. The smartcontroller with its android 7.0 is not able to handle these non-native applications (imho) ..it's not safe to use.

If you swipe from top to bottom and open the Android menu, select recent apps and them close whatever you don't want open.
however, there are daemons (services) that still run in the background even when are not show there, like frameworks services that crash very often.

As @Thomas B mentioned. Do not run anything unnecessary on the Smart Controller.

I agree (luckily the drone was not in flight)

Yes, I checked twice, I was looking at the menu and trying the various icons, when the application stopped suddenly. At least when the drone was off and on the ground I thought it would stay stable, but no, no I feel comfortable using an application that crashes trying only the menu. The smartcontroller with its android 7.0 is not able to handle these non-native applications (imho) ..it's not safe to use.

Check this out if you’ve not seen yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N