DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi and tripod.

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Thought I would have another go at Litchi. Loved it but it never had tripod mode which I use such a lot. Wow now has it. Been using all day but thought I would check in any recent discussions. Seems it's been out a month! I really do keep up with things :(

And, as also been discussed, you can allocate one of the C buttons to toggle it. Excellent!
Now I can quickly get to a point, even sports mode then normal and quickly switch to tripod without even looking at the consol.

And for the first time have both the go app and litchi next to each other and switch between the two with out any reboot, reinstall or even have to switch the bird or rc off. How cool is that? I just have to make sure they have both really shut down before switching.

Both work so seamlessly without disconnection on a droid. Happy day.

Its a myth that you can only get stability with DJI products using OIS.

Somedays sh.. happens, somedays it just shines.:)

Thought I would have another go at Litchi. Loved it but it never had tripod mode which I use such a lot. Wow now has it. Been using all day but thought I would check in any recent discussions. Seems it's been out a month! I really do keep up with things :(

And, as also been discussed, you can allocate one of the C buttons to toggle it. Excellent!
Now I can quickly get to a point, even sports mode then normal and quickly switch to tripod without even looking at the consol.

And for the first time have both the go app and litchi next to each other and switch between the two with out any reboot, reinstall or even have to switch the bird or rc off. How cool is that? I just have to make sure they have both really shut down before switching.

Both work so seamlessly without disconnection on a droid. Happy day.

Its a myth that you can only get stability with DJI products using OIS.

Somedays sh.. happens, somedays it just shines.:)
Been using Litchi for about 9 mos. Got a mavic recently and have focus issues. Doing a lot of Pano. What setting do you use forfocus?

I have had problems with focus also. Have the c2 on centre focus and I used to hit that a lot but found most of my videos kept coming in and out of focus and they looked horrible. Then I tried not using the manual focus at all and let the mavic focus via its auto center focus function. I found on occasion it was still out of focus. So now I monitor the phone screen a lot and when it loses focus which is only occasionally i hit the c2 button. Seems to be the best solution at the moment. The same happens when I use the go 4 app. So I think its a Mavic issue, which usually does a good job by itself most of the time.
Have you found other settings?

I have had problems with focus also. Have the c2 on centre focus and I used to hit that a lot but found most of my videos kept coming in and out of focus and they looked horrible. Then I tried not using the manual focus at all and let the mavic focus via its auto center focus function. I found on occasion it was still out of focus. So now I monitor the phone screen a lot and when it loses focus which is only occasionally i hit the c2 button. Seems to be the best solution at the moment. The same happens when I use the go 4 app. So I think its a Mavic issue, which usually does a good job by itself most of the time.
Have you found other settings?
I tap on screen before take off near or far focus. AFC works well but not in Litchi. Going to try C2. Thanks.

Mavic may be the problem. Have a P4 and was very happy with its camera.

you may have to assign c2 to centre focus but as far as I am aware its the same as taping the screen but the screen tap can force focus on anywhere rather than just centre. Let me know how you go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom