DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Could anyone highlight a few functions, that Litchi has, that DJI Go4 does not?

Waypoints on the DJI GO4, works just great for me.

Good point in post #40

For those that have Spark and Mavic Air, they now can run waypoint missions with the assistance of Litchi.

Another benefit to using Litchi is comparing two different drones using the exact same parameters. A little over a week ago, I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and two days ago I flew a mission that I had flown with my P4 the previous week. You can't do that flying manually. I wanted to compare the video between the two using the exact same terrain.

Yeah, I had to buy 2 copies of Litchi, too, but it was worth it. :)
Wow, my turn to catch up.... ;)

Anybody can probably answer my question.
Why did you need to buy 2 copies of Litchi?

Rod

Another benefit to using Litchi is comparing two different drones using the exact same parameters. A little over a week ago, I purchased a Mavic 2 Pro and two days ago I flew a mission that I had flown with my P4 the previous week. You can't do that flying manually. I wanted to compare the video between the two using the exact same terrain.

Why two copies??

Reactions: Peio64270
Could anyone highlight a few functions, that Litchi has, that DJI Go4 does not?

Waypoints on the DJI GO4, works just great for me.

The pano's and sphere are better, pano's you can adjust width in degrees you like, sphere are less exposure due to fact that litchi take it's first shot horizontal then set EV, locked the AE, and dji go4 first shot is downwards, set EV then AE locked, when coming horizontal heading sun it's to bright and expose. Orbit mode on a POI is very nice, good circle with camera on target.
Follow me is better then in DJIgo4 app. The commands what you can given in a waypoint (take foto, hold few seconds, start recording ) you don't have it in dji go 4 and much more.....

Reactions: RodPad
Ok,
You didn't say you had two different mobile devices. Thumbswayup

Oh, I guess we could have looked at your signature. :rolleyes:

Rod

Whether it's worth the money to you depends on how well you fly and what you want to achieve.

Flying is secondary to me; I am mainly interested in the film or pictures I can get. My "enjoyment' of flying is tempered by a large amount of fear, both of losing my investment, and the damage my drone could do if mishandled.

Litchi helps with both of those fears - I made a brief film about my growth in confidence that explains this (www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXAHTNJ9704). Litchi Waypoints keep risk-taking to a minimum, and (almost) guarantee a return to home if you invest time in planning and rehearsing your flight.
I'm new to this and appreciate all the info. Your video is terrific, very insightful.

Reactions: Peio64270

Very true. And now, with a little program designed by a friend of mine, I can convert Litchi's CSV missions to FlightPlan missions for my Anafi Parrot drone. Here is the comparison of the same autonomous flights realized at some minutes interval with the two drones (this was done after CSV conversion by the prototype of this program which is much more accurate, now) :

Reactions: VegasFlyer
Is there full screen in Lichi like there is with Go4?

When is something "worth the money"? That is a personal opion, so what I write here, is my personal opion:

I purchased litchi about three weeks ago with in mind, I just see what it is, invest te money (€24,99) and if it is nothing, well education is never really for free.

I have only tried some of the options, getting familiar with the software and up to this point, I think it was a good investment. Just for the videoquality, as an example.
Flying the mavic air "by hand" always make keeping the speed a little difficult. Programming the speed in litchi makes it much easier, constant speed as programmed and if you make a turn, it goes much smoother than doing so by hand.
I have not really tried all the options, mostly due to the fact that I had no time and the weather is not the best, but I do intend to use it more. So, as for me, the software is worth the money.

Very true. And now, with a little program designed by a friend of mine, I can convert Litchi's CSV missions to FlightPlan missions for my Anafi Parrot drone. Here is the comparison of the same autonomous flights realized at some minutes interval with the two drones (this was done after CSV conversion by the prototype of this program which is much more accurate, now) :

Excellent video!

Reactions: Peio64270 and jos A
Excellent video!

Thank you, Joss.
Both were shot in Log (D-log for the Mavic and P-log for the Anafi, with identical manual settings for Iso, WB etc.). Same edition with Premiere Pro. I must say that color grading is better with the Anafi than with the Mavic Pro, specially in the blue/green equilibrium.

You saw that behavior too?
This mission was supposed to be following the main road, circle the town square and continue on the main road.
I got this instead:
pay attention to where the blue line is on the screen not the red on curves. It took me a few missions to realize that it follows the blue line.

What is the purpose of this app? Is this the program that converts Litchi files to be used with the Parrot?

No. The program for conversion was made by me and a friend of mine. I can share it in my dropobox, that's all.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803