DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Glitchy?

JakeRobinson

Reactions
so, I have been on Mission Hub (website) and messing about and created a few missions... but when I click on "Mission" "export CSV" the file it spits out (every time) is a .KML file NOT a CSV... am I doing something wrong, is there a glitch in the website or am I just dumb? Please advise.

It's working fine for me. Have you tried a different browser?

Hmmm, I cleared my cache on Chrome (windows 10) and still no joy.
went to firefox and it worked just fine. WTF? so guess I'm using firefox for a while...

what browser are you using? if not chrome can you confirm it works for you?
thanks

Using Chrome on Windows 10 and it works fine for me.
I don't know when things changed, but I am now having the same problem as the OP. No matter what I do, Chrome creates a KML file. I even renamed it, but VLM said it had a bad header. I had a dev version of the new MS browser (based on Chrome) installed and it worked fine. So it appears to be a Google Chrome issue.

I don't know when things changed, but I am now having the same problem as the OP. No matter what I do, Chrome creates a KML file. I even renamed it, but VLM said it had a bad header. I had a dev version of the new MS browser (based on Chrome) installed and it worked fine. So it appears to be a Google Chrome issue.

Chrome for Mac OS X had some problems - opening missions, but that was fixed by logging out and then back in. Have you tried that?

Drag you kml file into google earth pro in chrome, I use it as my default then you can fly your mission in 3D click on litchi mission in left pain and underneath you’ll see virtual mission. Go fly

but when I click on "Mission" "export CSV" the file it spits out (every time) is a .KML file NOT a CSV.
The behavior is caused by installing the Virtual Litchi Mission extension for Chrome. Turn that off and Chrome reverts to creating a csv file. But one neat thing as @paul050079 noticed, when the extension is active and Chrome spits out the KML file. That file is ready for Google Earth, there is no need to run it through VLM.

The behavior is caused by installing the Virtual Litchi Mission extension for Chrome. Turn that off and Chrome reverts to creating a csv file. But one neat thing as @paul050079 noticed, when the extension is active and Chrome spits out the KML file. That file is ready for Google Earth, there is no need to run it through VLM.

Are you sure? Chrome works fine for me without that extension, and the KML files that it produces open directly in Google Earth.

Are you sure? Chrome works fine for me without that extension, and the KML files that it produces open directly in Google Earth.
No, if you don't have that extension installed and you get KML files, then my theory is kaput.

In my case, I always got csv files when I did an 'export as csv' from the mission hub. VLM would then process that file into KML and start Google Earth and the mission would be in your temporary places.

After installing the VLM Chrome extension the Mission hub started creating KML files when I did an 'export as csv'. When I turned off the VLM extension, the Mission hub export returned to the old (csv) behavior.

So based on that, I figured the VLM extension was responsible for the KML files. Now, I'm not sure what caused the problem, but I am happy to be able to use Chrome with Litchi again :)

No, if you don't have that extension installed and you get KML files, then my theory is kaput.

In my case, I always got csv files when I did an 'export as csv' from the mission hub. VLM would then process that file into KML and start Google Earth and the mission would be in your temporary places.

After installing the VLM Chrome extension the Mission hub started creating KML files when I did an 'export as csv'. When I turned off the VLM extension, the Mission hub export returned to the old (csv) behavior.

So based on that, I figured the VLM extension was responsible for the KML files. Now, I'm not sure what caused the problem, but I am happy to be able to use Chrome with Litchi again :)

Well maybe I misunderstood your post, but that sounds like a bug, not a feature. The Mission Hub should export either CSV or compliant KML depending on which you choose:

I appreciate y'alls theories - I did get it to export properly from firefox... I believe I have a corrupt version of chrome as this is not the only problems I've had with chrome recently.

Well maybe I misunderstood your post, but that sounds like a bug, not a feature. The Mission Hub should export either CSV or compliant KML depending on which you choose:
Up until recently the Mission Hub did exactly that. CSV when I asked for 'Export as CSV' and KML when I asked for Export as KML'. I used the PC version of VLM to process the exported CSV file and feed it to Google Earth.

After reading about a Chrome extension version of VLM, I decided to try it. I installed it and tried it briefly. Later when I asked the Mission Hub to export a CSV file, it produced a KML file. This behavior continued until I disabled the Chrome VLM extension. After that the Mission Hub reverted to the behavior that it sounds like both of us were used to.

If somebody is getting KML when they expect CSV, it's an easy thing to try.

Reactions: sar104
@JakeRobinson did you get it resolved?

Well, if you count using Firefox instead of Chrome, then yes, I am able to get it to run correctly on Firefox but chrome still gives me an error. However, I have had other strange occurrences using chrome unrelated to drones etc... so maybe I need to uninstall and start over with chrome. Thanks for asking!

Reactions: Former Member
Well, if you count using Firefox instead of Chrome, then yes, I am able to get it to run correctly on Firefox but chrome still gives me an error. However, I have had other strange occurrences using chrome unrelated to drones etc... so maybe I need to uninstall and start over with chrome. Thanks for asking!

Hope to see you in June for the DSAR meeting in Acworth , GA.

Reactions: JakeRobinson
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23