DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi - No Satellite Imagery on IPAD Mini 2

Gasjkh2

Reactions
Hi All

Just bought a Mavic Pro. Downloaded and installed Litchi successfully, everything seems to be working well so far as Litchi goes, but I do not get any satellite imagery in the bottom right hand corner box of the IPAD Mini 2 screen when flying. The Home point is recorded etc, but the landscape is just a plain flat green colour when flying with no detail of the landscape? I have setup satellite imagery in the main settings correctly - just checked.

Can anyone help me as why not getting any satellite landscape detail? Do I need a data SIM card on the IPAD for Litchi to show the satellite images of the land? I have a P3PRO and that works fine without any date SIM card installed on the DJI Go app?

Thanks for all your help in anticipation, as I have found this forum really useful in learning.

Hi All

Just bought a Mavic Pro. Downloaded and installed Litchi successfully, everything seems to be working well so far as Litchi goes, but I do not get any satellite imagery in the bottom right hand corner box of the IPAD Mini 2 screen when flying. The Home point is recorded etc, but the landscape is just a plain flat green colour when flying with no detail of the landscape? I have setup satellite imagery in the main settings correctly - just checked.

Can anyone help me as why not getting any satellite landscape detail? Do I need a data SIM card on the IPAD for Litchi to show the satellite images of the land? I have a P3PRO and that works fine without any date SIM card installed on the DJI Go app?

Thanks for all your help in anticipation, as I have found this forum really useful in learning.
I believe there is something going on with the maps in the latest update, hopefully it will be sorted out soon. I have heard the maps with GO4 are not working correctly.

Did you cache the map first..or do you have cell service or wifi hotspot turned on?

Thanks for the reply. I have a cellular capable IPAD Mini 2 which has been running the DJI GO4 app well. But I would like to now learn Litchi due to the autonomous mission capability Litchi offers.

Currently I have no cellular service on the IPAD Mini whatsoever which I assume I need for Litchi? Ref WiFi hotspot, I assume I could tether the phone to the the IPAD via hotspot? Was not aware Litchi required a cellular connection, but now realise you do? Am I right in stating this ref Litchi v GO4?

Thanks for the reply. I have a cellular capable IPAD Mini 2 which has been running the DJI GO4 app well. But I would like to now learn Litchi due to the autonomous mission capability Litchi offers.

Currently I have no cellular service on the IPAD Mini whatsoever which I assume I need for Litchi? Ref WiFi hotspot, I assume I could tether the phone to the the IPAD via hotspot? Was not aware Litchi required a cellular connection, but now realise you do? Am I right in stating this ref Litchi v GO4?

Assume a data only SIM card in the IPAD Mini will suffice?

It does not require it but if you want to see the map either cache the map on your ipad before you leave or use a hotspot to cache the map this is what i do then you can turn everything off like wifi or put in airplane mode.

UPDATE - new data SIM card arrived today. Simple process, which needed activation, and now I get the satellite maps.

It does not require it but if you want to see the map either cache the map on your ipad before you leave or use a hotspot to cache the map this is what i do then you can turn everything off like wifi or put in airplane mode.
I have an i-pad 2 also with no gps function. Could you explain in detail or suggest a video on how to cache maps or use hotspot??It's, so far, waaaay beyond me. Doh!! Ta.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu