DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi now supports Mavic Mini

What is Apple ID? Sent my ios email id as asked. Not password. Now what? Need litchi for mini badly. Been waiting for a usable "Follow" since last year. Much easier boating. All I use on my Phantoms (follow in Go4)
Do they ask for your other Litchi account? Confused

I would not get your hopes up.

I queried a feature with Litchi support on the M2P (asking if they could make, during waypoints, the camera take AEB photos instead of single shot) and they replied that as DJI did not support it, they could not add it. I would imagine that would be the same with features not already supported by the Mini.

Of course, I may be wrong.

So I guess it is reasonable to assume there will also be no waypoints for the MA2 when we get Litchi support for it.

Reactions: pescobar61
Could someone who has the Litchi beta app on an ios device kindly let me know approximately how long it will take to get beta access? I sent them an email this morning regarding this, got an acknowledgement of receipt of the email, but have not heard anything back since.

Or maybe I am just being too impatient!

Could someone who has the Litchi beta app on an ios device kindly let me know approximately how long it will take to get beta access? I sent them an email this morning regarding this, got an acknowledgement of receipt of the email, but have not heard anything back since.

Or maybe I am just being too impatient!

It only took one day for me, hopefully they get back to you soon!

Reactions: StubbornSwiss
I have been using Litchi now for almost 2 years with my Mavix Pro Platinum and find it much more stable and intuitive than DJI's app. Waypoint missions are great, especially the autonomous mode where the drone can fly without the controller being connected, its other features are great to use also.
Litchi doesn't frequently complain about high wind speed with screen popups and it can auto load flight data to Airdata to be used for post flight review.
So reading this I decided to try with my Mavic Mini and it worked!. I am using V4.18.0_BETA-g Build 3623 version of Litchi and decided to try some features. The I tried the following functions
  1. Take Off - works
  2. FPV - works
  3. Waypoint - I can select a mission but it fails as cannot upload to Drone as it has no support, with the Mavic Pro this take a few seconds and can only be done when in flight.
  4. Follow - set an altitude, distance and angle from the controller and it will follow the controller (uses the Phone GPS and the controlle tells the drone what to do to follow) care (common sense) is needed at low altitude to avoid obstacles while it is following you. I have used Litchi Magic leash with the Pro and that means it can follow a seperate device, did try with Mini but no reason to believe it won't work.
  5. Panno - works great, end up with a series of stills that require post processing, I use ICE and paint.net to stich together
  6. Track - this works but only when the target is visible at all times, it loses track if your target goes under a tree or some other obstacle, it cannot find you as you emerge, but similar to oeration with Pro.
I didn't orbit or focus, but expect they will work as they are a function of the phone and conroller rather than the drone, I will try these when I get a chance to fly again. Bit restricted at the moment in Stage 4 lockdown.

Here is a screenshot of litchi connected to the Mini looking at itself in a mirror

Screenshot_20200809-185724_Litchi.jpg
Conclusion: Litchi will be my goto app for running the Mini from now on. I am comfortable and have muscle memory with it. I like the feature it has where is can give audible messages to you for battery level distance, speed, I have mine set to every 30 seconds, it means I spend less time reviewing these on the screen.

I have been using Litchi now for almost 2 years with my Mavix Pro Platinum and find it much more stable and intuitive than DJI's app. Waypoint missions are great, especially the autonomous mode where the drone can fly without the controller being connected, its other features are great to use also.
Litchi doesn't frequently complain about high wind speed with screen popups and it can auto load flight data to Airdata to be used for post flight review.
So reading this I decided to try with my Mavic Mini and it worked!. I am using V4.18.0_BETA-g Build 3623 version of Litchi and decided to try some features. The I tried the following functions
  1. Take Off - works
  2. FPV - works
  3. Waypoint - I can select a mission but it fails as cannot upload to Drone as it has no support, with the Mavic Pro this take a few seconds and can only be done when in flight.
  4. Follow - set an altitude, distance and angle from the controller and it will follow the controller (uses the Phone GPS and the controlle tells the drone what to do to follow) care (common sense) is needed at low altitude to avoid obstacles while it is following you. I have used Litchi Magic leash with the Pro and that means it can follow a seperate device, did try with Mini but no reason to believe it won't work.
  5. Panno - works great, end up with a series of stills that require post processing, I use ICE and paint.net to stich together
  6. Track - this works but only when the target is visible at all times, it loses track if your target goes under a tree or some other obstacle, it cannot find you as you emerge, but similar to oeration with Pro.
I didn't orbit or focus, but expect they will work as they are a function of the phone and conroller rather than the drone, I will try these when I get a chance to fly again. Bit restricted at the moment in Stage 4 lockdown.

Here is a screenshot of litchi connected to the Mini looking at itself in a mirror

View attachment 110025
Conclusion: Litchi will be my goto app for running the Mini from now on. I am comfortable and have muscle memory with it. I like the feature it has where is can give audible messages to you for battery level distance, speed, I have mine set to every 30 seconds, it means I spend less time reviewing these on the screen.
Could you elaborate a bit more on how you stitch the pano together? It looks great in litchi but I can't get it to export right.

Could you elaborate a bit more on how you stitch the pano together? It looks great in litchi but I can't get it to export right.

1. shoot panorama - I use spherical, the drone takes 23 stills automatically in about a minte or so, you see a countup
2. get files of SD onto PC
3. use Microsoft ICE (free) to stich the 23 jpgs together into a single file (large)
4. resize to 2:1 - I use paint.net (free) to open the file from 3. then use Image-Canvas Size and changewidth to be 2 x height, I normally anchor the bottom middle.
1596980369449.png
5. Save with 100%
6. Open windows explorer and change properties of the file - Details. scroll down to Camera Maker and change to RICOH and Camera Model and change to RICOH THETA.
7. View with a 360 viewer on PC or upload to facebook
That is all - bit manual but free ;-)

Here is a youtube video on the process for refernce (not mine)

Hope this helps - have fun

How does the FPV mode work in Litchi? do I need a extra long cable (RC to Phone) or is it possible to mirror fpv to another phone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman