DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi or Dronelink or stick with DJI

abrown0007

Reactions
Hi folks looking for the experts here to advise on the thread topic. They all seem to do the same kind of thing but it's the 2 x 3rd party apps that allegedly do more than DJI. People rave about both so hoping for some clarity.
Thanks in advance

Hi folks looking for the experts here to advise on the thread topic. They all seem to do the same kind of thing but it's the 2 x 3rd party apps that allegedly do more than DJI. People rave about both so hoping for some clarity.
Thanks in advance

What features/functions do you need that you don't currently have within the DJI App? I wouldn't complicate my life just for the fun of it.

I agree that you should stick with DJI for now. Dronelink seems to be unstable and Litchi comes at a cost. Active track is probably the only function that im missing and I reckon that there’s a lot of us hoping for that too but i think its safe to wait for a while,

I agree that you should stick with DJI for now. Dronelink seems to be unstable and Litchi comes at a cost. Active track is probably the only function that im missing and I reckon that there’s a lot of us hoping for that too but i think its safe to wait for a while,
Litchi has gps follow and track but no waypoint and dronelink has waypoint but no follow me... and the waypoint isn’t like the missions u can send other drones on .. it’s basically doing the stick input for you all other stuff like rth at signal drop will happen others it goes on the mission signal no longer a varible i have neither for the moment.. im not sure if the jerky movement of dronelink is a phone issue or a bug.. oh and I hear litchi will allow all the phones N tablets that cant run the fly app can use litchi

Litchi has gps follow and track but no waypoint and dronelink has waypoint but no follow me... and the waypoint isn’t like the missions u can send other drones on .. it’s basically doing the stick input for you all other stuff like rth at signal drop will happen others it goes on the mission signal no longer a varible i have neither for the moment.. im not sure if the jerky movement of dronelink is a phone issue or a bug.. oh and I hear litchi will allow all the phones N tablets that cant run the fly app can use litchi

Litchi def has waypoints.It's a strong and very dependable application.

I have had Litchi for Android and IOS for almost 4yrs, All I can do is recommend it!

Reactions: RonW
Dronelink seems to be unstable
The Dronelink native app has been in production for over a year, and my other apps (going back to Autopilot, which pre-dates litchi by 6 months) have been in production for almost six years. Having said that, do not try to use these apps on legacy hardware. The mobile device is the flight controller in this case, so starving it of resources is not a good plan.

Reactions: Gindra
how many threads littered with speculation and misinformation do we need on this topic?

If you see a duplicate thread just hit REPORT and let us know which thread(S) are in question. Saves you a post and doesn't clutter the forum any further :)

how many threads littered with speculation and misinformation do we need on this topic?

I hear you - We are just trying to address the questions as they come up -and others are opening new threads.

Not sure how much "speculation" there is outside of perhaps the whole "warranty support question".

For the MM, I'd stick to DJI Fly unless you need to run the flight app on a device that only has 32bit architecture.

Litchi will work in this scenario and allow the MM be flown from older devices. e.g. Epson glasses and the DJI Crystal Sky tablets

today i tested mini and litchi.
-waypoint -not working
- follow me working / monitoring gps device.
- Orbit - does not work
- focus - works
- panorama - works.
I'm new to litchi I'm just learning so much

-waypoint -not working
- Orbit - does not work
- focus - works
- panorama - works.

Hey I'm gonna get Litchi for my Mini because I REALLY want the Follow Me function but was just wondering if it also has HDR mode for photos or will I still need to do it manually like the DJI Fly app by taking several different exposure shots then merging them post?

-waypoint -not working
- Orbit - does not work
- focus - works
- panorama - works.

According to Litchi on Facebook " For now all features are supported except waypoint and orbit, these may be added later however the DJI waypoint and orbit mode are not supported by Mavic mini so we can not add that "

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato