DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Orbit Photos At Set Points

jleglen

Reactions
I am trying to automate flying Litchi in orbit mode, except I want to take a photo every 45 degrees. So I would have 8 photos in an orbit. Does anyone know how to do this? I would think it's simple, but I can't find anything in the forums to accomplish this. Thanks!

I'd hand draw a circular waypoint mission and set each one to take the pic. It could be a square or anything but you'll want to stop the aircraft at each waypoint to snap the picture.

Depends on what factor you want to be perfectly/better determined. If you want full automation but don't need perfection on the route taken or the location of each photo, follow the procedure above.

A different way, that isn't perfectly automated but performs a precise circular path, is to create an orbit, and set the orbit speed at something easily calculated. If you set it for 3 degrees/second, for example, you know you need to snap a photo every 15 seconds. You can set the orbit in motion with the app, then simply count (or use a stopwatch for better precision) while it's in motion around the circle, and press the photo button every 15 seconds.

Reactions: jleglen and BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan