DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Panorama - Confused

RomekCyborg

Reactions
I'm watched pleny of Youtube videos, and read many forums threads (and of course the Litchi manual) but still can't get my head around this.

The panorama settings in Litchi are (iOS version):
1- Width (10 to 360 degrees)
2- Columns
3- Height (10 to 120 degrees)
4- Rows

The Width and Height settings seem redundant; why is it not enough to enter a number of columns and rows?

If I want for example a simple 3x3 panorama, centered on the gimbal, what Width and Height settings I am suppose to enter?

Think about it. What do you want your field of view to be. Do you want to see just what’s in front of you (180 degree width) or do you want the panorama to wrap all the way around (360 degree width)?

The drone can look 90 degrees (directly down) to a maximum +30degrees up. 120degree height is capturing the maximum view the drone can see vertically (it can’t look directly up at the sky.)

The number of pictures it takes within those constraints defines how much overlap you will get. Overlap makes it easier for the computer to more accurately “stitch” the pictures together. Not enough overlap and you can have some roads that suddenly end and start again in the wrong place or other artifacts. There’s not a thing as “too much” overlap per se but if you are taking a pano of the sunset let’s say if you have the drone taking too many pics then the light and scene could change possibly before it is done taking all the pics and then you are left with a bad pano.

Reactions: genesimmons
Picture width as how much of the pie you want - 180 degrees being half. Picture columns as how many slices in that half.

And as stated above if you have enough slices they overlap because the angle of view of the camera is fixed (determining how big a wedges is cut by each picture); so for example pictures at an 80% angle of view constrained within 180 half circle would have two 30 degree overlaps.

My mavic mini made 28 pictures in panorama mode but I dont know how to find the final panorama picture. I use a samsung android smartphone with litchi sofwtare dowloaded only a week ago.

@dominique.vanrietvelde@gm
In the Android version of Litchi you can 'Auto' shoot a panorama (capture the images), but only the IOS version will create the finished panorama image.

This from the Litchi Help site:

Panorama Database (iOS only)​

The Panorama Database lets you stitch, view and share the panoramas you have shot all within Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada