DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi problem

MJ224

Reactions
Just today programmed and used Litchi to go to a local castle, video the trip to it, stop for 15 seconds, take a photo, then start video again whilst moving to a new location.

The initial leg to what I have described above was some 1100 metres. Alas Litchi did not do any instructions after the initial video. No photos were recorded. I guess I have misunderstood the programming process. Litchi did tell me that it had disconnected (due to distance I suppose, but a clear line of sight). Whilst the Mavic Air carried out all of its flying instructions, it or Litchi did not complete the photo instructions.

Any tips would be gratefully received...

Carreg Cennan castle from drone video...:) by Mark Johnson, on Flickr

I think I have solved my (?) problem.

I have curves switched on in the Path Mode. I see this disables instructions...…………….

Hope that might helpmothers, and now I have to wait for good weather again...

Always a learning curve...………….::)

I think I have solved my (?) problem.

I have curves switched on in the Path Mode. I see this disables instructions...…………….

Hope that might helpmothers, and now I have to wait for good weather again...

Always a learning curve...………….::)
Bingo!

I went through this learning curve, also.

I don't know if this really helps, but I also put in delays after turning off the video and before taking a photo.

And then another delay after taking photo and turning the video back on.

I know that when I take a manual photo from the RC, it takes a couple of seconds to write it to the SD card. Not sure what would happen if Litchi just tried to send the record video command while the aircraft is still writing to the SD card.

Reactions: MJ224
Yes, you must use "straight line" mode. Also helps to have "stay for" instructions before and after the photo. For example

stay for 5sec
take photo
stay for 5sec
start video

Reactions: MJ224 and ARam55
Thanks both for that. As said, its always a learning curve when using the drone at extremes.........

As a UK droner, I now have found the distance limit of my Mavik Air. Well over the 500m legal limit, and out of sight alas, but boundaries need to be pushed. My flight was over empty farmland, so no threat was evident...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR9925