DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi problems...

MJ224

Reactions
Hi, I have been using Litchi with the Mavik AIr, and the Mini 2.

Having upgraded to the Mini 3 Pro, I am having a wee problem getting it to work.

Firstly, the screen says disconnected in red. I am logged into my account, so don't know how to overcome this one.

Secondly, In DJI Fly, I get a message saying the Mini 3 Pro's CPU is fully loaded (or similar). How do I get around this one??

Help appreciated..

Mark Johnson

Well, Litchi says that their app is not compatible with Mini 3 Pro.
They have released a beta version of Litchi Pilot that should work, but it is a beta, so there may be bugs.

Reactions: Cafguy and MJ224
Do I gather that Litchi Pilot is not available for IOS (Apple), and only available for Android...

Gosh, they make life complicated..!!

Do I gather that Litchi Pilot is not available for IOS (Apple), and only available for Android...

Gosh, they make life complicated..!!
It was DJI that decided to no longer support IOS in their latest MSDK. Litchi can only provide software based on the MSDK.

Reactions: jimlips and Cafguy
Are there any other options to use "mapping" software with the Mini 3 Pro, using the IOS platform...?
Not really, it's DJI's fault for dropping support of the iOS platform on their SDK, so developers can't develop apps for DJI Drones on the iOS platform.

Where would I learn how to do that...

Reactions: RSi
Yes. You could use Grid Mission Designer to create the mapping mission and then my utilities to convert to a DJI Fly mission.
Yes, it exist several tools to create a grid mission which then can be converted into a DJI Fly waypoint mission with the help of your utilities... it's only one gripe here that needs to be managed manually.

One of the benefits with a "Grid Mission" is that you put in your drone model & then the tool knows what vertical & horizontal FOV it have to work with... this info is needed in most Grid Mission tools as you only dial in the desired overlap in percent.

Here in the proposed Grid Mission Designer for instance...

1708253813288.png

And here in Virtual Litchi Mission, with it's grid mission tool ( Virtual Litchi Mission )

1708253964833.png

Neither of these tools give the possibility to chose a DJI Mini 3 Pro drone... so the FOV info is unknown for these tools. So the main benefit of a Grid Mission tool is lost... you will not get help with overlaps & based on that get waypoints in the correct places.

A possible way around this could be to find another drone model (existing in these tools) with approx the same FOV as the Mini 3 Pro & perhaps also use a larger overlap percentage to be on the safe side...

Hello, I have a strange problem when flying this grid missions. I set the gimble to be -90 either manually or trough action in litchi and start the mission. Left unattended the gimble will not stay at -90 degree, it will go 80 something or 70 something randomly. Can it change angle because of wind or is it programing issue?

I set the gimble to be -90 either manually or trough action in litchi and start the mission. Left unattended the gimble will not stay at -90 degree, it will go 80 something or 70 something randomly. Can it change angle because of wind or is it programing issue?
Manually adjusting the gimbal pitch angle during a mission will only work if your gimbal pitch mode is set to disabled for that segment of your mission. If the gimbal pitch mode is set to POI or Interpolate, whatever is configured into your mission will be used to adjust the pitch angle.

If you are referring to the "Grid Mission Designer", it sets the gimbal mode to "disabled". However, each waypoint uses an "action" to reset the gimbal pitch angle to -90 degrees. If the angle is automatically changing to something less than that between waypoints, it could be the result of wind causing the drone to tilt is such a way that the camera cannot maintain a -90 degree angle.

Manually adjusting the gimbal pitch angle during a mission will only work if your gimbal pitch mode is set to disabled for that segment of your mission. If the gimbal pitch mode is set to POI or Interpolate, whatever is configured into your mission will be used to adjust the pitch angle.

If you are referring to the "Grid Mission Designer", it sets the gimbal mode to "disabled". However, each waypoint uses an "action" to reset the gimbal pitch angle to -90 degrees. If the angle is automatically changing to something less than that between waypoints, it could be the result of wind causing the drone to tilt is such a way that the camera cannot maintain a -90 degree angle.
Yes I'm referring to the said "Grid Mission Designer". I tried with the default settings like You described (an "action" to reset the gimbal pitch angle to -90 degrees) and then I tried manually deleting gimble action in litchi just leaving the gimble on disabled and set angle manually to -90. Both cases gave me not desirable gimble deviations.
My guess as well was he wind.

Little off topic - in this forum i found another cool tool for litchi grid missions called "Virtual Litchi Mission" for desktop.
Grid missions from this program won't rote the aircraft 180 degree for the return pattern flight like "Grid Mission Designer" does so it is continuing the return path backwards.
Just wanted to ask if it's only me or the the "Virtual Litchi Mission" way is more efficient? Maybe there is a downside to taking pictures while flying backwards?

...Maybe there is a downside to taking pictures while flying backwards?
Not any special in general, but if flying backwards, with the camera at -90... & not stopping some time before taking the pic. the camera can possibly more easily reach it's hardware stop tilt wise as the drone is tilted backwards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne