DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi relative to ground accuracy ?

SMI

Reactions
Hi all,

I'm curious how accurate the relative to ground accuracy would be in the Litchi app.
My plan is to get some low to ground footage down a (closed) street at maximum speed (~30kph).

I was considering using Litchi and doing it as a waypoint mission following the middle of the street with a ground clearance of about 2-3 feet.

Do you think the ground altitudes would be accurate enough to do this ? or is there a better way you'd recommend ?

Thanks.

Between Google Earth accuracy and starting point calibration I really doubt it. Any in any case I would not do a waypoint mission without at least 20-30ft margin. Flying manually would be best.

I agree, I don’t think it accurate enough for 2-3 feet, no.

Try a plan of a route, open and clear to fly that is quite slopy!
Setup a waypoint mission, decent length with some decent waypoints, start high, eg 30 feet and try it, set up litchi RTG seatings fly slowly then reduce it down say 5 feet per flight down and see how you end up.
Oh, and please post the vids, it’ll be interesting, good luck !

Reactions: Huge Bama Fan
Hi all,

I'm curious how accurate the relative to ground accuracy would be in the Litchi app.
My plan is to get some low to ground footage down a (closed) street at maximum speed (~30kph).

I was considering using Litchi and doing it as a waypoint mission following the middle of the street with a ground clearance of about 2-3 feet.

Do you think the ground altitudes would be accurate enough to do this ? or is there a better way you'd recommend ?

Thanks.

I would not even do this with clearance for 5 meters too many things can happen, wind, compass problems, etc. I usually go out to the location, Fly around where I feel safe height and that is what I program into Litchi with my laptop connected to my phone.. I know this may seem like too much but it is how I feel safe.

Thats also concerning me every time i setup a mission. I always build my missions with everything set-up and than resave the mission in Lichi with crusing speed 0 as cabel cam. Thats giving me full control (LOS needed) to try the misson.

Hi all,

Thanks.
Nope. Litchi would not provide you the kind of accuracy you need for this kind of thing.

I agree, I don’t think it accurate enough for 2-3 feet, no.

Try a plan of a route, open and clear to fly that is quite slopy!
Setup a waypoint mission, decent length with some decent waypoints, start high, eg 30 feet and try it, set up litchi RTG seatings fly slowly then reduce it down say 5 feet per flight down and see how you end up.
Oh, and please post the vids, it’ll be interesting, good luck !
I’m going to take my own advice :rolleyes: and set up a 50m run over a rising ground, 10 waypoints, start at 12 feet, fly real slow, walk alongside and see what it does, then repeat dropping down as low as I can eg 3 feet. My expectation is that if I fly slow it may work o_O
Too snowy in North Yorkshire so will have to wait but the first mission is saved :cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olab