DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Sound Problem

NigeConnor

Reactions
I have just installed Litchi fom Amazon App Store and whilst if functions well for waypoint flying I cannot understand the spoken messages. It sounds a bit like an American accent and broken up like you hear when there is a bad mobile phone signal.. Has anyone had the same audio problem?

Unfortunately whilst the App itself is great the audio on the DJI Smart Controller is also the same, very hard to understand so much that I turn it off.
Must remember to email the Developers about it.

Just update,
Have emailed the Developers from the App, stating the sound isn't good on Mobile or Smart Controller.
Any feedback I'll post back on here 👍

I have just installed Litchi fom Amazon App Store and whilst if functions well for waypoint flying I cannot understand the spoken messages. It sounds a bit like an American accent and broken up like you hear when there is a bad mobile phone signal.. Has anyone had the same audio problem?
I've used litchi for years with a few different dji drones, now on my mini 2 using the samsung tab A 8" 2019 or my samsung S7 mobile and the voice message is still as good as ever, never had any problems understanding it, maybe your device is the problem.

Reactions: Shenga
I've used litchi for years with a few different dji drones, now on my mini 2 using the samsung tab A 8" 2019 or my samsung S7 mobile and the voice message is still as good as ever, never had any problems understanding it, maybe your device is the problem.
Not sure, but doubtful as used it on Samsung Note 20 Ultra and now with the DJI Smart Controller and it was the same with both, but it's good to now it does work and sound as it should do with yours, so hoping there is a fix for it with ours.

best of luck ,hope you get it sorted
Hope so as it's a great feature to have, but just really poor sound quality for some strange reason.

For anyone who has this problem persist on the smart controller, crystal sky etc just install the Google text to speech apk and problem solved.

GOOD NEWS!. I have just instlled the updated Litchi from the Amazon App Store onto the Smart Controller and the sound is now perfect!..So happy!!😊😊
I installed the Amazon App Store, found Litchi......but as it's on another App Store, it wants me to buy it again for £21.99 before I can download it. :mad:

For anyone who has this problem persist on the smart controller, crystal sky etc just install the Google text to speech apk and problem solved.

Will have to try this as well, gonna have to find the apk file for Google text to speech.
Hopefully it won't be too hard to find.

Edit. Found it, will report back if it solves the issue!

Last edited:
I installed the Amazon App Store, found Litchi......but as it's on another App Store, it wants me to buy it again for £21.99 before I can download it. :mad:
Yes, you have to buy it on a one licence per operating system basis. I’ve paid for it for all three platforms. I can’t really complain when all three combined costs less than a decent P.C. Game I suppose.

Yes, you have to buy it on a one licence per operating system basis. I’ve paid for it for all three platforms. I can’t really complain when all three combined costs less than a decent P.C. Game I suppose.
Well to be fair, why should I buy it again when it should work like we expect it to?
I could purchase it again from the Amazon App Store, pay the £21.99 and get exactly the same issues as before? For all we know it could be exactly the same APK File?

I never did get a reply back from the developers with my email for help?

Well to be fair, why should I buy it again when it should work like we expect it to?
I could purchase it again from the Amazon App Store, pay the £21.99 and get exactly the same issues as before? For all we know it could be exactly the same APK File?

I never did get a reply back from the developers with my email for help?
Well, I suppose we all have different needs and requirements from our software. I’m not sure exactly what is not working for you other than the text to speech which is a limitation more imposed by the controller device than the software and is readily worked around.

Indeed the vast majority of the limitations in the software comes from the equipment it’s used with and is out of the control of the software developers. I don’t really use it with any of the Mini series, the Air series or any of the DJI drones that work on the FLY app which do not (by DJI’s decision) support host processed waypoint missions and according to what they tell me as a member of the DJI software developer program never will. This sadly includes the Mavic 3 series. Litchi like all of the third party software developers are at the mercy of what DJI decide to support in the MSDK and when they release it.

Personally I have always found it operates exactly as I expect it to, Of course I’ve been using it for going on 5 years in commercial applications and made quite a good income off the back of using it and my use case is in some cases at an extremely complex level so I have by necessity become very familiar with it’s operation in particular in the waypoint mission role and I use it primarily with the Phantom, Mavic 2 and Inspire series of drones.

I have corresponded with the developer via the [email protected] email address on four or five occasions and always had a reply. I didn’t always get what I wanted when suggesting new features or drone support but I did always get the courtesy of being told why.

I think a lot of people make the mistake of assuming Litchi organisation is a far larger concern than it actually is. While it’s not exactly a “one man band” it’s not that much bigger and honestly the price reflects that.

In the end, there is no compelling reason why you should use it. These days there is at least three or four alternatives most of which I have tried, most of which are more expensive and all of which have their own limitations but they may suit your use case better.

I installed Litchi on my DJI RC PRO and there is no sound at all !!!! anyone with the same bug ?
I have it on my RC Pro and I have speech output.........

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman