DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi video feed garbled

Are you having display problems in Litchi?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes (when?)

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Pegasus1

Reactions
Just tried going for a quick fly using Litchi. From practically 0 range (Mavic sitting right in front of me!) Litchi display on Android is badly scrambled, pretty much won't clear up. I flew some, the constant display issues would intermittently clear up once in a while, but mostly not. Got out to 3/4000 ft range @ 400 ft, then hit RTH. Came back fine, just couldn't see for crap. Go 4 app worked fine (uninstalled so wouldn't interfere w/Litchi), great range out to ~ 1 mile. Only trouble I had you cannot run a screen recording app while flying, phone can't handle it....Why? It's a flagship model, Nexus 6P, all other apps killed, airplane mode. Too much for the gpu, even at low bandwidth settings. So what's wrong with Litchi, not screen recording, same kind of crap display. Pretty sorry, $25 down the toilet. Haven't been able to use any of the modes yet. Just trying to figure it out and slow down gimbal tilt/yaw first. Mostly just messing around wasting batteries until I can make it do something usable.

I had this issue. Delete and reinstall from scratch the DJI app. This fixed it for me and was recommended by DJI support as well.

Just went for a flight earlier this evening. Decided not to use Litchi. I just downloaded the most recent update to Go 4, checked my settings first, waited for GPS, got my home point, and took off. Flew 2500-3000 ft away at max altitude and cruised around. No video feed dropouts, no signal loss, seems fine. Not sure what was going on with Litchi when I tried it. Does it have built-in screen recording (not cache recording as Go 4 does) running as part of the app? If so, my Nexus 6p can't handle the GPU load, that causes display corruption and you're screwed. Turn that off and all is good again. Same problem if I try to screen record such as using Airshou, even at low settings. But Go 4 cache recording causes no issues (it's not seeing the screen though). Pretty big disappointment.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911