DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi vs Autopilot

Viking63ef

Reactions
Bought the Autopilot app yesterday since I wanted to try the waypoint missions but found it really hard to use actually. I managed to put the waypoints more or less where I wanted them but then I managed to add a trigger point and didnt know how to delete so had to start all over again.
All in all I find Autopilot quite hard to do the planning with. I would prefer to do it offline on my PC and I heard that Litchi offers that.
What is your opinion on these apps vs eachother?
I am not doing any superadvanced stuff but I would like to see the planned distance, estimated time of flight etc when I plan and I dont find that in Autopilot.
Yes I am a Newbie on drones :)

im a big fan of Litchi and use it with students that are planning search patterns. Its simple and intuitive.

Bought the Autopilot app yesterday since I wanted to try the waypoint missions but found it really hard to use actually. I managed to put the waypoints more or less where I wanted them but then I managed to add a trigger point and didnt know how to delete so had to start all over again.
All in all I find Autopilot quite hard to do the planning with. I would prefer to do it offline on my PC and I heard that Litchi offers that.
What is your opinion on these apps vs eachother?
I am not doing any superadvanced stuff but I would like to see the planned distance, estimated time of flight etc when I plan and I dont find that in Autopilot.
Yes I am a Newbie on drones :)

Don't get (G)Litchi! If Autopilot seems daunting consider FPV Camera app. FPV is imo the absolute easiest yet complete app for waypoint missions. Check out their tutorial online and I bet it's an instabuy! I have used all three and although I love Autopilot for very complex waypoint missions will often go to FPV

So another app !!! Thanks for the confusion ;)
A question on FPV - can I plan on my PC or only on the phone/iPad?
Only available on Apple I understand?

FPV Camera is what I use.
I find it much better than anything else.
FPVbooster.com

I prefer litchi but I love autopilot for keeping the camera pointed at a POI during a mission. Seems to work smoother. It’s a giant pain to use and I’m never really sure it’s correct but I like that a sport mode switch immediately stops everything and hovers. Not a millisecond pause.

FPV Camera is what I use.
I find it much better than anything else.
FPVbooster.com
But is there a website where I can do the planning or am I forced to do it on the phone/iPad as it doesn't seem compatible with android

On the iPad, it is really easy and works flawlessly! No surprises. Watch their videos and I bet u will be convinced. Oh and if ever you have a question their support team is very responsive too

I use Autopilot. You can use any app that saves KML files which you can import into AP.

I use Autopilot. You can use any app that saves KML files which you can import into AP.

Oh that's handy! I also use Autopilot for when I need to do something complex. FPV Camera has been my "go to" in the field for a quick fix

I've just discovered FVP Camera, humm I like it, I will try 3D scan soon.

But for waypoints mission I think the best one is Autopilot especially for interpolated points. But I'm still a little bit in pain with Autopilot, especially with RTH, that it has a strange behavior.

Reactions: GooterFly68
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oshgeo