DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi warning!

Yes it does but it won't connect to the Mini2 controller - well I don't think it will.
Any way, sold it when I found it wouldn't run the Fly app - maybe a bit premature there😩
I did the exact same thing when I got my Air 2. And I had sold my Autel XSP.

Yes, I believe it was mentioned earlier today, but the 2 big limitations for DJI Fly are that it works only at android 6.0 and above and you need also 64 bit phone to work.

Liltchi (and its competitor Rainbow Drone) -- both these are 3rd party Android (or IOS) app that competes with DJI Fly -- works well with Android 4/5 and with 32 bit phone. I have a few old phones (with great screens) that cannot dowload DJI Fly due to above restriction but that work well with LItchi/Rainbow Drone.

Try Litchi or Rainbow Drone -- the more people use these, the more the developers will working on upgrading and adding more features.

DJI apps work just as well with either operating system.

Don't be mislead.
Those "made for Apple stickers don't mean what everyone thinks.
They just mean that Apple have looked at it and confirm that it works with Apple devices.
And DJI have to pay Apple to put that sticker on their products.
I should mention I didnt read the box till after I was trying to set up,Came from Ferntec NZ so reading box out the question,,,my original plan was to use my faithful Samsung tablet ,its been almost perfect till DJIFLY wouldn't install,,did not think that getting this drone with make me get a new phone to work it,maybe they should make that more clearer in the specs like on the front page ,,now doin the stare at the small screen ,,thought I was past that,,watch where those fingers touch,,,,happy to be using litchi again but already she talk to much lol,

Thinking of biting the bullet and buying this just to run my Litchi. Has this got enough memory to run the program and control the mini2?

Hang on, it's not follow me I'm after, I want it to follow something else. For example, a friend of mine galloping along a beach, will DJI Fly or Litchi follow a subject like this???

Last edited:
Bought Litchi to fly my Phantom 3, used it for years so naturally I want to use it with my new Mini2.
Unfortunately the Nvidia Shield is not compatible with the DJI Fly app and if I want to use Litchi with my new drone and iPhone I'll have to buy it again!

Mod Removed) rip off!!
It Clearly says that Litchii is not suppported by IOS yet, they are working on it,

As of Litchi v4.21.0:
- restored support for devices running android 5, CrystalSky and P4 Pro V1+ screen.
I have it running on the Nvidia Shield K1 (v4.21.1-g).

BTW I bought Litchi 4 times:
-iOS
-Android
-Crystal Sky (via Amazon)
-Epson BT300 glasses (via Epson app store)

Ummm right now Litchi isn't that compatible with the Mini 2,
Litchi beta for Android is.

Correct, but his original post was about complaining Litchi would not run on his Nvidia Shield K1.
Now it does.
Except there was talk of iOS and how he'd have to pay for it again.
I didn't lose track of what was being discussed but thanks.

I didn't mention a beta-version. The last 2 final versions are compatible with Android 5.
Simple to conclude he does not need to buy the iOS version.

Sorry Cheddar-man I too do not think it is a rip-off.
They are, at a guess, entirely different apps, probably with completely different foundations so both had to be built anew from scratch.
What I might consider to be a rip-off is if you need to buy a 'license' for each drone that used the same version of Litchi.

On that note, does any one know if Litchi is for use with a single drone per purchase?
No, the Litchi licence is to the person. I have more than one drone. I have a dedicated Android phone for drone flying. But I also have Litchi on my main phone....in case of need. I operate all DJI drones with this one licence.

No, the Litchi licence is to the person. I have more than one drone. I have a dedicated Android phone for drone flying. But I also have Litchi on my main phone....in case of need. I operate all DJI drones with this one licence.
Ok this has me interested, when I go to the play store the first thing it does is ask me for payment method, it doesn't even ask for the type of drone. I am unwilling to enter the details to experiment, so how or when do I specify that I want the version compatible with the Mavic Mini or Mini 2 etc.?

Ok this has me interested, when I go to the play store the first thing it does is ask me for payment method, it doesn't even ask for the type of drone. I am unwilling to enter the details to experiment, so how or when do I specify that I want the version compatible with the Mavic Mini or Mini 2 etc.?
There's no need for experimentation. Check the FAQ on flylitchi.com.

10. I purchased the app on one device, can I install it on other devices?​

You can install the app on as many devices as you want as long as they use the same platform and the same "main" account (Google, Apple or Amazon) that was used for the original purchase. If you wish to use Litchi on two or more platforms you will need to purchase it on each one.

I do believe Litchi is like Fly, when you connect it knows which drone it is controlling. So - only version needed.

It's one version per platform and is not drone related. The Android app works on all supported drones, IOS app likewise. The only problem right now is that IOS app doesn't support Mini 2 or AIR 2 S. It will in a near future when DKI release the SDK for IOS.

Now I am confused, I had the impression that I would need, for want of a better description, separate Litches for Go app drones, Go4 App drones and Fly app drones i.e. Phantom 3, M2Z/P, Mini's.
Am I up a gum tree and can use the one Litche to replace Go, Go4 and Fly?

If so apologies Cheddar-man.
PS Android phone only

Now I am confused, I had the impression that I would need, for want of a better description, separate Litches for Go app drones, Go4 App drones and Fly app drones i.e. Phantom 3, M2Z/P, Mini's.
Am I up a gum tree and can use the one Litche to replace Go, Go4 and Fly?

If so apologies Cheddar-man.
PS Android phone only
Yes, only one app for all drones. This is from Litchi help webpage.

"Litchi is compatible with: Mini 2/Mini SE/Air 2S (Android only, see below), Mavic Mini 1, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark."

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78