DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi warning!

I'm just a grumpy (poor) English pensioner who would love to just be able to go out there and buy everything I want, but I can't.
maybe a bit hard on Litchi, my apologies guys, but as has been said the OS version isn't available yet so I'll start saving.
I tried several (available) Android devices and they had "issues" so went iPhone which works seamlessly. I get the feeling that DJI Fly was developed with iPhones in mind? In fact on the Mini SE box not actually states "for the iPhone.
I like the versatility of Litchi, planning flights, Follow Me and a whole lot more that DJI Fly just hasn't got.
Any way, right now loving the Mini2. It's a whole new experience after the old P3A.

Reactions: QuaiOui
I'm just a grumpy (poor) English pensioner who would love to just be able to go out there and buy everything I want, but I can't.
maybe a bit hard on Litchi, my apologies guys, but as has been said the OS version isn't available yet so I'll start saving.
I tried several (available) Android devices and they had "issues" so went iPhone which works seamlessly. I get the feeling that DJI Fly was developed with iPhones in mind? In fact on the Mini SE box not actually states "for the iPhone.
I like the versatility of Litchi, planning flights, Follow Me and a whole lot more that DJI Fly just hasn't got.
Any way, right now loving the Mini2. It's a whole new experience after the old P3A.
I use Maven - perfect for iOS and does everything Litchi does, and more. Michele, the developer, is easily contactable and will answer any queries you may have. Also he keeps developing the App so that before long it will mean you will be able to do things you haven’t even thought of yet! It's cheaper too…

I use Maven - perfect for iOS and does everything Litchi does, and more. Michele, the developer, is easily contactable and will answer any queries you may have. Also he keeps developing the App so that before long it will mean you will be able to do things you haven’t even thought of yet! It's cheaper too…
Yes, maven (only for IOS) is fairly good....but does not support mini2 right now. It does not support mini 2 because DJI has not released the SDK (program framework) for mini 2 for IOS yet, that is coming supposedly next month. DJI released the SDK for android for mini2 last month, hence LItchi android covered mini2.

As another UK pensioner . . .

To find £20 for an incredible piece of software that you don’t actually need but transforms your expensive drones into even more incredible automatic flying machines . . .
I would just turn off my heating for a couple of hours (UK prices)
not buy some beers
stop smoking
Skip a couple of meals
Sell some stuff I don’t need (androids!)
Get a job
Take short cuts in my car to reduce fuel consumption (UK prices)
and lots more . . .

The app designer has to eat too and he won’t have eaten much on the £20 you contributed some years ago . . .

Now here's a thought..............

I have Care Refresh for my Mini 2. Would DJI still honour this if I was flying with a third party App - Litchi?

I think not! That in itself would put me off using it 😩

Of course they do, care refresh covers anything other than intientional damage or complete loss, it's pretty much no questions asked, they don't care what happened. Read the T&Cs.

Of course they do, care refresh covers anything other than intientional damage or complete loss, it's pretty much no questions asked, they don't care what happened. Read the T&Cs.
I have read them, have you?

So why do DJI Care Refresh say under exclusions in their terms and conditions:

3) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.

Or is Litchi an "authorised" software? Can't find that anywhere in the T&C.

Litchi uses the official DJI SDK, so yes.

This is more about unofficial ways to flash firmware with 3rd party tools, unofficial modded apps, the various hacks that are around to bypass DJI restrictions etc.

My new S21 Ultra 5G phone will not accept DJI GO 4 app so I downloaded Litchi thinking that would work. Doesn't. I have resorted to using an older phone to download the app and use the new phone as a wifi hotpot. Works, but I hope DJI solves the software issue ASAP.

Litchi uses the official DJI SDK, so yes.

This is more about unofficial ways to flash firmware with 3rd party tools, unofficial modded apps, the various hacks that are around to bypass DJI restrictions etc.
I emailed DJI regarding this issue and they replied:

Regarding your inquiry, we understand that you would like to confirm information about DJI Care Refresh service plan. To address your concern, kindly be informed that LITCHI is a third-party app and the third-party app cannot be used. Our site have not performed official tests and cannot guarantee its stability. Please be informed to use the corresponding official DJI app.
Upon checking on the DJI Care Refresh service plan exclusions, any damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.

I rest my case! I'll be sticking with the DJI Fly App, and its many restrictions, with my new Mini2😎

You'll find reports of the exact opposite statements around.
DJI support can basically not be believed for anything.

They can also not know what app you used unless you told them, so...

Reactions: Meta4 and Tufargon
Ok this has me interested, when I go to the play store the first thing it does is ask me for payment method, it doesn't even ask for the type of drone. I am unwilling to enter the details to experiment, so how or when do I specify that I want the version compatible with the Mavic Mini or Mini 2 etc.?
The drone detail is selected in the Litchi Mission Hub, under Setting - Change Mission Setting - (VLM SETUP) - Drone Type ( Tab). There is a list of DJI drones. At the moment it does not include DJI Mini 2. However, it has Mini and I've set up and planned several missions with this setting and flown it on bother the Mini and the Mini 2. The results appear to have no deviation other than the performance of the "system".

The drones listed are : - Drone Type ( Tab).
- DJI SPARK
- DJI MAVIC PRO
- DJI AIR
- DJI PHANTON 4 ADVANCED
- DJI PHANTOM 4 PROFESSIONAL
- DJI MAVIC 2 PRO
- DJI MAVIC 2 ZOOM
- DJI MAVIC MINI

I run Mission Hub on Windows 10 and use Android phones for controllers.

I hope this settles the purchase question.

You'll find reports of the exact opposite statements around.
DJI support can basically not be believed for anything.

They can also not know what app you used unless you told them, so...
I've also never heard of one case where DJI refused a claim because of a 3rd party app. Why would they release the SDK if they didn't want 3rd party apps? There would be no reason to release it other than third party apps. It's a bonus selling point which a lot of other drone manufacturers don't get.

Last edited:
Reactions: QuaiOui
3) Damage caused by using your DJI product together with a non-DJI product or third-party accessory/software that is not authorized by DJI.
Despite the misinformation commonly spouted by DJI "help" people and what you've heard from one of them ....
For there to be a problem with a claim, DJI would have to find evidence that the non-DJI software actually caused the incident, not simply that it was being used.
Litchi is very reliable, I've never seen a case where Litchi was the cause of a flight incident.

Reactions: Kilrah
Interesting video.
Video guy puts too much faith in the replies from various DJI support individuals.
They have never been a reliable source of accurate information.
If he asked more of them he's get even more different answers.

But all of this is unnecessary if you just go back to the exclusions in their terms and conditions which says:

This is written by lawyers, rather than low paid support people.
Note the part I highlighted.
It says damage caused by ...
Not simply using a 3rd party app could void the coverage, but damage that was caused by the 3rd party app could void coverage.

Reactions: Faster
Video guy puts too much faith in the replies from various DJI support individuals.
They have never been a reliable source of accurate information.
If he asked more of them he's get even more different answers.

But all of this is unnecessary if you just go back to the exclusions in their terms and conditions which says:

This is written by lawyers, rather than low paid support people.
Note the part I highlighted.
It says damage caused by ...
Not simply using a 3rd party app could void the coverage, but damage that was caused by the 3rd party app could void coverage.
Yes, of course...... Ford company recommends using "Ford" filters and parts for its cars. Toyota company recommends using "Toyota" parts. And, of course, Fords recommends we all use "Ford" dealership to fix Ford cars. And, of course, Toyota recommends to use its "Toyota" dealership/service stations to fix Toyota cars.... But, we know how much it cost in dealerships and, of course, OEM parts are much more expensive than after-market. And, some after-market parts are better than OEM car parts. I do agree with you, using after-market parts may void warranty, if it still exists and has not expired. A a small risk, but the payoff might be big, especially if the original part/program is so limiting or defective.

Despite the misinformation commonly spouted by DJI "help" people and what you've heard from one of them ....
My personal experience of DJI Support here in the UK, from the Netherlands, has been very quick, reliable and comprehensive. I don't know which office you use to cause such slagging?

My personal experience of DJI Support here in the UK, from the Netherlands, has been very quick, reliable and comprehensive. I don't know which office you use to cause such slagging?
I have no idea where they are based, but my comments seem to be borne out by the experience of many others too.
You are just as likely to get wrong information as correct answers from DJI support people.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada