DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi Waypoint Altitude Question

Bill Ludwig

Reactions
I can't seem to get my head wrapped around the two waypoint altitudes when I click the 'Above Ground' option. Let's say I'm putting waypoints in a straight line over a downward sloping hill. I want the drone to maintain a FIXED distance over the ground. Do I select the 'Above Ground' checkbox and go fly, and Litchi flies that fixed distance, or do I leave the box unchecked?

It is what it is. As I'm sure you know, your take off point is 0. Anything above that is positive and anything below that point is negative. So if you have a waypoint at 150', it is 150' above your starting point of 0. If you click the above ground box, your 150' is now 150' above the actual surface below based on map data provided. If you in an relatively flat area, it won't mean very much.

I can't seem to get my head wrapped around the two waypoint altitudes when I click the 'Above Ground' option. Let's say I'm putting waypoints in a straight line over a downward sloping hill. I want the drone to maintain a FIXED distance over the ground. Do I select the 'Above Ground' checkbox and go fly, and Litchi flies that fixed distance, or do I leave the box unchecked?

Try it, experiment on a slope with low height and slow speed, you then know what relative to HOME means and what relative GROUND means to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78