DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi waypoint height error?

Celestyn

Reactions
I have created simple mission with waypoints with the same height (relative to first waypoint)

Výstřižek1.JPG

But exported kml path viewed in google earth has not the same height. Why ?

Výstřižek2.JPG

Is seems that height is modified by the terrain, but I didn't use the new feature "terrain height".

I have created simple mission with waypoints with the same height (relative to first waypoint) But exported kml path viewed in google earth has not the same height. Why ?
Is seems that height is modified by the terrain, but I didn't use the new feature "terrain height".

It's not modified by the terrain height. The terrain is actually modified and changing in height, not your drone (which is why it looks different). If you had used it relative to terrain height, then it would all stick up at the same height (relative to the ground). You're thinking about it backwards (if that makes sense).

I know that waypoints should not be modified by terrain. But why the waipoints have not the same height on the google earth preview ? They have all the same height 160m as You can see at the first picture.

KML file link: MEGA

I noticed, that exported kml file has attribute altitudemode value set to relative to ground.
Maybe there can be the error in a process of export from Litchi ?

Výstřižek.JPG

There's something wrong with your export. When you take the same KML file you attached above and import it into Litchi (reverse from your export), it imports it into Litchi and shows variable heights for those different waypoints. I checked one of my own missions and confirmed that exporting the KML file from Litchi should show the heights relative to takeoff point (if not using RTG), and importing it back in shows the exact same heights.

Upload the original mission file in a zip archive or make it public and post the link. It introduces errors and extra code when trying to go backwards from the KML file.

It appears to be a glitch in the new Litchi Mission Hub. No matter what your settings are, the mission is exported as altitudes with "relative to ground" heights, as you discovered before. I would suggest contacting Litchi and informing them about this bug.

litchi.jpg

I have made some investigations.
The Litchi KML export produces KML altitude in relativetoground mode (Altitude Modes  |  Keyhole Markup Language  |  Google Developers). I havent found the option to change this parameter for KML export.
When I export CSV file from the Litchi, all the altitudes are of the same value. When I use this tool (Convert Litchi .csv file to .kml with elevation) to convert exported CSV file to KML, I got KML file with the relativetoground altitudes too.
Both of files are correct. But Litchi digital terrain model is different from the model using by Google Earth. Thus there are difference, especially in more rugged terrains. Thats my explanation of this behavior.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78