DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Litchi

Cool man. Glad it went well.

Reactions: SMI
Nice. Not much to worry about with Litchi if you do your homework. Prep is the key to pretty much all happy flights, manned or unmanned.

Being able to plan out and set Waypoints in my office before I go outside is AMAZING. I understand the anxiety though.

I am new to Llitchi. I recording a mission but can not find where it is stored on my iPad. I recorded it to the screen and was able to see the route flown. Can someone help. TY

The Litchi update for Android that came out yesterday (version 4.0.0) fixed the problem for me. I didn't need to log in to DJI Go4 app at all and Litchi had no issues with flight restrictions today. Hallelujah!

I am new to Llitchi. I recording a mission but can not find where it is stored on my iPad. I recorded it to the screen and was able to see the route flown. Can someone help. TY

If you planned a mission using the Mission Hub site it will save to your device automatically if the device is connected to the internet and signed into Litchi . It will automatically load to the Mavic when you select PLAY from the Litchi screen at flight time .

OK I am now a newbie and have test missions all set up,
and doing research and youtubing, I can not find for the life of me, is the start and the finish of the mission....

So my Question is... I will check first on my DJI to see of all is good , then close that out open Litchi, then I do a Manual Hover? no auto start ? then hit Start mission ? and what happens at the end of the mission? no home point auto land? help please :)

OK I am now a newbie and have test missions all set up,
and doing research and youtubing, I can not find for the life of me, is the start and the finish of the mission....

So my Question is... I will check first on my DJI to see of all is good , then close that out open Litchi, then I do a Manual Hover? no auto start ? then hit Start mission ? and what happens at the end of the mission? no home point auto land? help please :)

Normally I don't use/open DJO GO app at all before flying with Litchi.

You have a setting for the waypoint mission to tell the drone what to do after Mavic has arrived at the last waypoint (Hover, Return to home. etc). I normally add the last waypoint close to me (where i am) so when it finished the mission it will hover at the last waypoint waiting for me to take control.

If this is the first waypoint mission I recommend you to first try to set up a mission in an open field where you have no obstacles.

Always remember that you can use your S-switch on the right side of your controller to cancel the mission.

The manual from Litchi is not very sexy, but it the other hand, it’s very helpful:
Help - Litchi

Reactions: dvarapala
OK thanks much , that what I kind of figured but wanted to make sure, I live in Rural Iowa with a few cows and lots of corn so the open area no problem, I have a few short missions over all those places to do my first flights, oh one last thing, what does the 3 feet at a POI mean ? the angle of the camera ?

OK thanks much , that what I kind of figured but wanted to make sure, I live in Rural Iowa with a few cows and lots of corn so the open area no problem, I have a few short missions over all those places to do my first flights, oh one last thing, what does the 3 feet at a POI mean ? the angle of the camera ?

Yes, it relates to the camera. For each waypoint you can define where the camera should look (direction). But sometimes you want to frame the recording/image so the Mavic will will tilt the camera more or less based on the POI altitude. An example can be a high structure where you need to define (by changing altitude for the POI) what part of the structure you actually want to be in the frame.

Last edited:
I flew my last 10 flights with Litchi. I enjoy flying with Litchi much more than the dji go 4 app simply because of the easiness of setting waypoints with the pen feature. Now, wherever I go I just open Litchi and set my plan then lay back and watch the Mavic fly the mission without me interfering. I have one advice to Litchi newbies like myself. Always make your last waypoint close to home point or where you will be with the RC.

Also I have a question for the experienced Litchi pilots: Is there any way to get flight records or hours from Litchi?

Reactions: rautej1 and Pixar
Just wondering (also a newbie to litchi - considering buying it) How do you set altitude of the waypoints, how do you prevent crashing into hills, trees, etc? Do you just have to belive that the underlying map is correct?

Just wondering (also a newbie to litchi - considering buying it) How do you set altitude of the waypoints, how do you prevent crashing into hills, trees, etc? Do you just have to belive that the underlying map is correct?
The altitude of each waypoint can be set individually.

You have to do your homework.

I purchased Litchi yesterday just as a back up to DJI Go4 and because I got it for half price. I see most people talking about waypoints when talking about Litchi, do people prefer Go4 for normal manual flights?

I flew my last 10 flights with Litchi. I enjoy flying with Litchi much more than the dji go 4 app simply because of the easiness of setting waypoints with the pen feature. Now, wherever I go I just open Litchi and set my plan then lay back and watch the Mavic fly the mission without me interfering. I have one advice to Litchi newbies like myself. Always make your last waypoint close to home point or where you will be with the RC.

Also I have a question for the experienced Litchi pilots: Is there any way to get flight records or hours from Litchi?
Doesn't litchi require a ton of setup or is it relatively painless?

I purchased Litchi yesterday just as a back up to DJI Go4 and because I got it for half price. I see most people talking about waypoints when talking about Litchi, do people prefer Go4 for normal manual flights?
Does it go on sale often.

I like go4 for most flights as it has a few more controls and features for non waypoint flights.

But as you said, Litchi makes a good backup for go4 and the waypoint features are top notch, and way beyond go4.

Reactions: rautej1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661