DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Little range with Mavic Air + Fcc hack not working.help much appreciated

Z4MSupreme

Reactions
My first time posting... I have recently bought a mavic air. I'm loving it apart from the fact that I have not been able to achieve more than 600m (CE) even in the Surrey hills or the seaside. I have also tried following the steps for changing my location to FCC but it did not change and therefore still hade 13 2.4ghz channels. I don't know what I can do to improve this.

I have spoken to DJI on live chat and they have said that this is abnormal and told me to send it to DJI repair service.

How far has anyone been with theirs.

Thanks guys/ gals

I have also tried switching to 2.4ghz but it seems to make matters even worse despite what most people say

Ive watched that exact video. But for some reason, the app thinks I'm in America (FCC) and asks me to change and so I press yes/continue. But when I look in the channels there is still 13!
You’re supposed to press NO, it’s supposed to think you’re in America - that’s how you get FCC. You need to watch the video a couple of times to make sure you follow it exactly (I made the same mistake as you!). Once you’ve fooled it, you need to remember to always click NO every time you re-link to your Air

Reactions: genesimmons
You’re supposed to press NO, it’s supposed to think you’re in America - that’s how you get FCC. You need to watch the video a couple of times to make sure you follow it exactly (I made the same mistake as you!). Once you’ve fooled it, you need to remember to always click NO every time you re-link to your Air
I've done it just now with the face gps in America. When it popped up I pressed no. Then I went to link with aircraft and it still had the 13 channels. I read somewhere that you needed to change your location so it would not scan WiFi and only use device gps. And it did not work. Then I read in another thread that the new updated has stopped it!Screenshot_20180523-173400.jpeg

I've done it just now with the face gps in America. When it popped up I pressed no. Then I went to link with aircraft and it still had the 13 channels. I read somewhere that you needed to change your location so it would not scan WiFi and only use device gps. And it did not work. Then I read in another thread that the new updated has stopped it!View attachment 38594
All I can say is that I’m using the latest version of Go & the latest MA firmware - the instructions in the video works for me, and many others in this forum. There are plenty of people that come in here & complain that all sorts of things are wrong with the MA, or don’t work, but I’m just as sure that most of the problems are caused by human error!

Someone posted the other day that they put their MA inside a microwave!

All I can say is that I’m using the latest version of Go & the latest MA firmware - the instructions in the video works for me, and many others in this forum. There are plenty of people that come in here & complain that all sorts of things are wrong with the MA, or don’t work, but I’m just as sure that most of the problems are caused by human error!

Someone posted the other day that they put their MA inside a microwave!
I understand but you have already connected to the drone by FCC mode before. If you were to press Yes on the pop up, to bring it back to CE. And then try and use FCC again does it still work.

I understand but you have already connected to the drone by FCC mode before. If you were to press Yes on the pop up, to bring it back to CE. And then try and use FCC again does it still work.
Yes, it did work after I’d been set back to CE after the last major FW update. Should point out that I’m using an iPad, hence iOS version of GO. Looks like you’re on Android, so the new entry above may be your next route

Yes, it did work after I’d been set back to CE after the last major FW update. Should point out that I’m using an iPad, hence iOS version of GO. Looks like you’re on Android, so the new entry above may be your next route
I have tried connecting again using FCC mode !!! It worked, it seems that it needs to have the phone connected to the bottom usb on the controller with a different wire. Do you have any idea why this has happened??

I have tried connecting again using FCC mode !!! It worked, it seems that it needs to have the phone connected to the bottom usb on the controller with a different wire. Do you have any idea why this has happened??
Apple or android?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54