DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Live feed output to multiple sources

ecandelas

Reactions
Has anyone sent their live feed to multiple devices for surveillance? Ex. My mavic 2 pro (or P4P) is at location "X" and a command center is a mile away at location "Y". Can I (on demand/when requested) send my live feed to a source at the command center and still control the drone from location X?

Happy droning and TIA

In DJI Go4 app is an option to live stream to Facebook, Youtube or RTMP server. If you have good mobile internet connection at location X it's not a problem to send live feed to any FB or YT account. It's even simpler if you can setup your own RTMP server - anyone who will have a link to this stream will be able to watch it with simple player - VLC for example.

Reactions: ecandelas
In DJI Go4 app is an option to live stream to Facebook, Youtube or RTMP server. If you have good mobile internet connection at location X it's not a problem to send live feed to any FB or YT account. It's even simpler if you can setup your own RTMP server - anyone who will have a link to this stream will be able to watch it with simple player - VLC for example.

Thanks thats what my original thought was to do a live feed, I'm just not sure how the cell service is in the area I'll be shooting. So if the cell service isnt 3G or 4G then it will probably be too glitchy and slow. Thats why I was looking for alternatives. Autel Live Deck is the only other thing I have found. How difficult is it to set up a RTMP server? It would be better for privacy since YT or FB would be open to the public for viewing.

Thanks thats what my original thought was to do a live feed, I'm just not sure how the cell service is in the area I'll be shooting. So if the cell service isnt 3G or 4G then it will probably be too glitchy and slow. Thats why I was looking for alternatives. Autel Live Deck is the only other thing I have found. How difficult is it to set up a RTMP server? It would be better for privacy since YT or FB would be open to the public for viewing.
On YT You can make live stream not public. Only those who have link to this stream will be able to watch it. I've never done live straming on FB but i think that it also can be set up to allow to watch this stream for specific people.
Setting up an rmtp server is fairly easy. In Linux this guide would be ok How to set up your own private RTMP server using nginx or some videos on YT if You like to set it up in Windows - this one for example
If it's only 1 mile, maybe it will be possible, to link second remote to Mavic 2 Pro and it will be possible to watch live feed from drone on phone/tablet connected to this second remote.
There are some wireless video transmission systems, but i guess they won't be cheap.

On YT You can make live stream not public. Only those who have link to this stream will be able to watch it. I've never done live straming on FB but i think that it also can be set up to allow to watch this stream for specific people.
Setting up an rmtp server is fairly easy. In Linux this guide would be ok How to set up your own private RTMP server using nginx or some videos on YT if You like to set it up in Windows - this one for example
If it's only 1 mile, maybe it will be possible, to link second remote to Mavic 2 Pro and it will be possible to watch live feed from drone on phone/tablet connected to this second remote.
There are some wireless video transmission systems, but i guess they won't be cheap.

Thanks, I have a P4P and a M2P so I don't think the remotes are compatible? Different video transmission technologies Lightbridge vs OcuSync. So I'd have to get an additional RC for whichever one. There is an Autel system for $450/500 (Autel Robotics Live Deck). Cost is a consideration BUT would be passed off to the client who wants this live feed ability so I dont think they will care about the $ unless it was ridiculous.

Thanks, I have a P4P and a M2P so I don't think the remotes are compatible? Different video transmission technologies Lightbridge vs OcuSync. So I'd have to get an additional RC for whichever one. There is an Autel system for $450/500 (Autel Robotics Live Deck). Cost is a consideration BUT would be passed off to the client who wants this live feed ability so I dont think they will care about the $ unless it was ridiculous.
P4P and M2P remotes are not compatible. You'd have to buy another remote.
Autel Live Deck only works with Autel drones i think.
You can try some wireless systems like this CVW 300 Pro Wireless HD Video Transmitter / Receiver via HDMI - Good Dog Digital

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78