DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Livestream.... questions????

Hiwayman

Reactions
Is anybody out there livestreaming with their drone?...can I ask a few questions?...
I understand Facebook or YouTube streams can be done...is there a preference?
Can you offer the feed exclusively to one client?
Is the stream stable?... possibly required to show on large screen TV.
Can you record on the drone whilst streaming?
Can you practice without actually being live?....IE stream to just a chosen recipient?
Any advice or experience appreciated.👍

Facebook and Youtube seem very public. I tried out a non-drone live stream on Twitch and was impressed with the ease of use and lack of social media bs.

Reactions: Hiwayman
I was able to stream to a Youtube channel but only after it had more than 100 subscribers. Not a fan of doing this though directly from the Fly app because the reality is I want a chance to edit the video a bit.

I did recently set up a RTMP server at my home office so I can stream to that box and have the file recorded there. The nginx server can also be set to republish to other RTMP servers like facebook and youtube etc.

Oh and to answer your question about streaming to a specific viewer, yes, you can configure nginx to pubish a stream to a specific URL application name and just give that URL to a single viewer.

Can't seem to get the URL and streaming key to work...am I missing something, is there a secret to this 😐
No big secrets. What part of the process is not working? Also, are you you trying to stream to Youtube, Facebook or your own RTMP server?

If your RTMP URL is formatted correctly, it shoud work. typically rtmp://servername/appname/streamname,
or in the case of Youtube: rtmp://servername/appname/key

I see an error with Facebook. i found my stream key and url and when I go live, it fails. I'll keep hacking away here as time permits, but yes, I think I see the same issue as you. I'm using the fly app by the way, but app shouldn't matter.

I found some posts on DJI forum that users trying FB see that the RTMP url is 443/secure. And maybe the DJI app doesn't support that. Youtubes URL is just http, and my own streaming server is just http. This may be the issue, but I'm still gonna keep trying.

I found some posts on DJI forum that users trying FB see that the RTMP url is 443/secure. And maybe the DJI app doesn't support that. Youtubes URL is just http, and my own streaming server is just http. This may be the issue, but I'm still gonna keep trying.
Thank you Tony... appreciated 😊

I see an error with Facebook. i found my stream key and url and when I go live, it fails. I'll keep hacking away here as time permits, but yes, I think I see the same issue as you. I'm using the fly app by the way, but app shouldn't matter.
Im trying with Litchi and Fly App...both failing to connect with URL and stream key .

Is anybody out there livestreaming with their drone?...can I ask a few questions?...
I understand Facebook or YouTube streams can be done...is there a preference?
Can you offer the feed exclusively to one client?
Is the stream stable?... possibly required to show on large screen TV.
Can you record on the drone whilst streaming?
Can you practice without actually being live?....IE stream to just a chosen recipient?
Any advice or experience appreciated.👍
Answers:
o Exclusive to one client? Yes. YouTube allows "unlisted" and "Private" livestreams.
o Stable? Yes, stable depending on your internet connection.
o Large Screen TV? 1080p is highest allowed resolution from the controller.
o Record while streaming? Yes. The stream is automatically recorded, but you can also record on the drone and do a screen recording (screen recording will not get the mic feed once you start sending to the stream).
o Practice? Yes. (use private or unlisted).

Here's a good video:

Answers:
o Exclusive to one client? Yes. YouTube allows "unlisted" and "Private" livestreams.
o Stable? Yes, stable depending on your internet connection.
o Large Screen TV? 1080p is highest allowed resolution from the controller.
o Record while streaming? Yes. The stream is automatically recorded, but you can also record on the drone and do a screen recording (screen recording will not get the mic feed once you start sending to the stream).
o Practice? Yes. (use private or unlisted).

Here's a good video:
Great video, thank you 👌

New video out solves the Facebook Livestream issues. Since Facebook requires RTMPS and most DJI controllers only support RTMP (not "S"), this video shows how to fix it. Check out:

Reactions: TonyPHX
Instagram livestream has a “practice mode” hidden from general public and it lets you invite specific people.

Good video on livestreaming DJI drones on Instagram here. This channel also has a playlist of videos dedicated to livestreaming DJI drones on other platforms (YouTube, Facebook, etc)

Livestream to Instagram from a DJI Drone - SOLVED!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder