DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 "Living Australia" -wildlife only

Over the years I've made many short Australian landscape films. For the first time I've created one exclusively featuring our unique wildlife, every shot from the Mavic 3. Please note there are many considerations in filming wildlife, I do this for a living so am happy to give tips on how to do so with minimum disruption. I hope you enjoy "Living Australia".
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Awesome as usual Chris!

These days I always shoot slomo with the 180 shutter rule, so in my case in Australia 50fps @1/100th. That used to be because Australia is PAL TV format but with most stuff seen on phones and laptops these days it doesn't really matter much if you shoot 60fps @1/120th if you like. I obviously use filters to achieve that throughout the day and my current favourites are the Polar Pro split ND filters.
Thank you. I assume your output then is 25fps or 30fps making it half of the real life speed, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: christangey
One of the absolute best I’ve seen here. Many could do well to try to learn from your stick technique, flow, and transitions. Very, very nice!
Thanks Dbez, I have a passion for it so I suppose that helps! Although it can be expensive, crashed another drone on the last trip so will have to re-tweak the new one all over again 😎

Reactions: Dbez1
Absolutely brilliant. Beautifully flown & edited, with a perfectly matched soundtrack. Makes me proud to be an Aussie! Such amazing wildlife we have in this land down under. 10/10 👍🏻🇦🇺
Thanks Squid, just scraping the surface, a lot to capture yet!

Wow, what videography mastery. I cans see just huge amounts of time capturing the video and then post…My highest compliments to you. Just out of curiosity, how much personal time did you spend collecting the video. I see transitions in the film to many discrete locations…..
I'm pretty blessed Mark as my other job is a Location Scout/Manager so I am paid to travel to every corner of our country, which is about the same size as the continental U.S. So either before I start the day or just after I finish (when the light is best anyway!) I can also collect personal footage. Other times I just happen to be in an area so don't necessarily have the choice of best light but make the most of what's there. My stock footage collection is ongoing, and has been going many years, but most footage in this film is from the last year.

Last edited:
Fantastic.....the travel/tourist organizations in Australia should be all over you to use your videos! Great to read about your shooting parameters.
Where did you find this music track? If fit really well.
Ha! Wish they were 😎 I only use Artlist.io on an annual subscription. Can seem a little expensive but I think they have by far the best music and composers

If this hasn't received any awards then I bet there are some forthcoming--beautiful!
appreciate that, but I haven't entered it any yet, so see what happens I guess!

Thanks Squid, just scraping the surface, a lot to capture yet!
Forgot to mention that I get all my music from a subscription service, Artlist.io, pity I don't get any money from them though as I recommend them a lot! 😎

Always a joy to ride along with you Chris. Another amazing piece of art

Always a joy to ride along with you Chris. Another amazing piece of art
Appreciate that Anzac. You might be interested to know too that this year I am filming 23 war memorials around Australia for a new permanent exhibition at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra. 9 done so far, plenty to go!

Reactions: AnzacJack
That is some fantastic footage! Thanks so much for sharing. I watched every second of it in awe of the beauty! I look forward to traveling to Australia and New Zealand in the next several years!
Many thanks Alan

Appreciate that Anzac. You might be interested to know too that this year I am filming 23 war memorials around Australia for a new permanent exhibition at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra. 9 done so far, plenty to go!
That sounds like an amazing project. Ill look forward to seeing that

That sounds like an amazing project. Ill look forward to seeing that
No worries, it'll be on a big 6K screen at the new entrance, going in next year I think

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellmorrissey