DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Location for Drone License Plate?

calmar81

Reactions
Hello fellow pilotes!

I just ordered my Mavic 2 Pro online yesterday. To be prepared, I also want to purchase my drone license plate, which is necessary since last mid last year here in germany.

On my Mavic Air, I used the place behind the gimbal, as DJI suggests and I found this place just perfect because I love the design of the DJI drones and don‘t want to spoil that with such a plate.

All the photos and drawings (Cover of the Mavic 2 Manual online e.g.) look like this is no good spot on the Mavic 2, because of a ventilation outlet or so... so what Position would you suggest?

Thanks in advance for your tips!
Christian

Ah, thank you! Tried the forum search first but didn‘t think of searching for phone number plates.

Here in Germany, the plate has to be fire-resistant, so most of the plates you can order are metal / aluminum, what could affect receiver, compass or cause other malfuntions, when placed on the wrong location, I think.

A name plate doesn‘t have to be fire-proof :)

Ah, thank you! Tried the forum search first but didn‘t think of searching for phone number plates.

Here in Germany, the plate has to be fire-resistant, so most of the plates you can order are metal / aluminum, what could affect receiver, compass or cause other malfuntions, when placed on the wrong location, I think.

A name plate doesn‘t have to be fire-proof :)

I would definitely not locate it near the compass. Is it small enough to fit on one of the rear arms? Front arms house the atennas so keep clear of them.

Reactions: calmar81
Thanks again.

I would like to hide it a bit more. On the rear arms it is too exposed in my opinion, it would be small enough, though. But it may also decrease the value of the drone if I wanted to sell it later on.

Do you, by chance, know, where the compass is?

Reactions: Porky
For those of you, who want to know... I found 3 "official" locations during my research:

Bildschirmfoto 2018-10-29 um 10.41.28.png
Position 1 - Bottom (Between Downward Vision System and Infrared Sensing System)
Source:

dji-mavic-pro-drohnen-kennzeichen.png
Position 2 - Rear (Over AC Status Indicator)
Position 3 - Rear Arms (as Porky suggested)
Source: DJI

Reactions: Porky
Glad you’ve got a better understanding of where to place them.;)

Reactions: calmar81
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meierjn