DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Location while flying

bobstaff

Reactions
How can get the lat/long of where the drone is flying...while it's still in the air?
If I am looking for something, and actually find it, how can I pass the exact location on to someone without landing and running the flight log.
This would also be useful to mark a spot to use for Tap Fly to return to the same spot.
I burned through 2 batteries looking for the answer. It can't be this hard.

Reactions: E90RAW
If you use Litchi instead of DJi G04 you can have gps coordinates displayed on the camera view.

1598636764294.png

How can get the lat/long of where the drone is flying...while it's still in the air?
If I am looking for something, and actually find it, how can I pass the exact location on to someone without landing and running the flight log.
This would also be useful to mark a spot to use for Tap Fly to return to the same spot.
I burned through 2 batteries looking for the answer. It can't be this hard.
I believe you have to download the flight logs. The M2 enterprise has GPS time stamp while in flight, but not M2P or MA.

If you use pix4dcapture on android it has a companion app for ctlr+dji that does read out. Maybe if you have multiwindow on android you could run go4 and ctrl+dji at the same time, but I'm not sure it'll work that way since both applications won't be using the same USB accessory at the same time unless it's using IP.

Yup, frustrating, you'd think something as basic and useful as displaying GPS lat and lon would be an option in go4app. Pretty sure if you take a picture it'll record the location in the pic data.

Reactions: Captain Zipper
Yup, frustrating, you'd think something as basic and useful as displaying GPS lat and lon would be an option in go4app. Pretty sure if you take a picture it'll record the location in the pic data.
If you have EXIF reader, it does. So maybe there's the solution, except you can't go back to it with the app.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian