DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Log for the gimbal/camera

GTMonster

Reactions
Can anyone please advise if the Mavic log also keeps data for the gimbal and camera?
During the last 2 flights, the gimbal has changed angle on its own usually down to 13 degrees. I manually change the angle back and again it reverts to 13 degrees after a few moments. After some further flying the gimbal rolls so that the screen is not horizontal to the earth for a moment, then it pitches either fully up or down (I can't remember which) as the Google's screen goes dark (I think -2EV). At which point I RTH and wait for the craft to land.
The camera was set to auto for both flights.
I'm using the Mavic, remote, tablet and DJI Googles. The goggles are not set head track.

Any advise would be great.

Also is this kind of issue covered by the DJI warranty or refresh?

Thanks

(On later look, the camera was in manual mode, but that doesn't explain the jumping gimbal etc)

Last edited:
Let me have a look at your DAT and TXT files. And yes that should be covered in the standard warranty.

Thanks. Please can you advise the best way to get the dat and text file to you?

One thing that I noticed is that when reviewing the video is that the video stopped recording just before the camera did it's final to and full pitch. I have also noticed that the white balance seems totally off. There are no blacks, only greys. (OK on later look I had the camera in manual so the picture was slightly over exposed.)

Last edited:
I really appreciate your help.
I'm just putting them up on Google drive if that's ok for you?
I'll link them tomorrow as they are just uploading now and I've got a rubbish connection (it's 1.45am the UK). I've added the flight vid from my attached tablet a well. The last few seconds of the video is where the camera goes completely nuts. For some reason the video on the memory card cuts of prior to this and stops. I did not stop the video at any point so even the tablet should have continued to record. You can see the gimbal pitching throughout the video. It suddenly pitches with no smoothness and no control input. Every time I reset the gimbal's pitch it just drops on its own again.

Last edited:
25th December - Google Drive

You can access the information there. If there is anything missing, please let me know. Watching the video I'm starting think there is an issue with the gimbals roll sensor when yawing/rolling in turns, but that doesn't explain why the video just cuts out.

Sorry that the videos not exciting! I usually fly my racing drones around here, but it seemed like a safe place to diagnose my Mavic.

Last edited:
That gimbal is definitely suffering from some kind of defect. Were you in sports mode. It seems the fast yawing was the trigger.

Yea it was windy as that day, so I'd not have got too far in normal flight mode. I usually have the yaw turned down for smoother flight, but a recent firmware update had reset it to normal values which I think are a tad excessive for filming.

I've made a request for service under warranty. I hate not having my Mavic... my hex is far more challenging to carry about!

What can I use to view the logs with please?

Last edited:
Yea it was windy as that day, so I'd not have got too far in normal flight mode. I usually have the yaw turned down for smoother flight, but a recent firmware update had reset it to normal values which I think are a tad excessive for filming.

I've made a request for service under warranty. I hate not having my Mavic... my hex is far more challenging to carry about!

What can I use to view the logs with please?
Honestly, I couldn’t find the gimbal logging data anymore. It used to log them, but I guess it doesn’t now. I just went off of the complete video and that gimbal shouldn’t twitch like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dean1980