DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Long Beach or LA Anyone?

DidemG

Reactions
Hi,

I will be in Long Beach, CA next week. It will be m first time in US with my drone. I registered my drone but I am little concerned about where one can fly or not.
Is there anyone from Long Beach who wants to fly together or have some tips for me about where to fly for nice shots.
I want to visit LA for a day and any tips for there would be appreciated also.
Yeah, basically I need some suggestions and help ;)

Best,

I’ll be in LA next week too. Working but there through the weekend. Can fly with you next Saturday.
Some nice places to try launch from are the cliffs above Palos Verdes not far from Long Beach. It’s residential but there are some open community parks and I’ve never had a problem flying there. The people are usually really curious anout the drone and friendly; like to look over shoulder at the live feed.

I’ll be in LA next week too. Working but there through the weekend. Can fly with you next Saturday.
Some nice places to try launch from are the cliffs above Palos Verdes not far from Long Beach. It’s residential but there are some open community parks and I’ve never had a problem flying there. The people are usually really curious anout the drone and friendly; like to look over shoulder at the live feed.

Oh this sounds wonderful! I can surely visit Palos Verdes on Saturday to fly with you. I am sending my e-mail as PM ;)

It's sign posted no drones and also when we were there a weeks ago the local park officers told us.

I found this post related to the City of Ranchos Palos Verdes:

City of Ranchos Palos Verdes, CA Drone “Laws”

One pilot says: "I fly in Rancho palos verdes a lot. I know that they don't want you to fly in parks, in the city but I have found some options. I work at Terranea and flying around the area near the resort is totally legit..."

Also find drone flight meetup (Point Fermin Park in San Pedro) at Point Fermin Park. Maybe that point does not have similar regulations.

Sounds like there are few sport that one can fly. But yeah, I do not know anything about the area. I am sure NAUIDIVER will guide me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: NAUIDIVER
I found this post related to the City of Ranchos Palos Verdes:

City of Ranchos Palos Verdes, CA Drone “Laws”

One pilot says: "I fly in Rancho palos verdes a lot. I know that they don't want you to fly in parks, in the city but I have found some options. I work at Terranea and flying around the area near the resort is totally legit..."

Also find drone flight meetup (Point Fermin Park in San Pedro) at Point Fermin Park. Maybe that point does not have similar regulations.

Sounds like there are few sport that one can fly. But yeah, I do not know anything about the area. I am sure NAUIDIVER will guide me ;)

Terranea is an excellent place to fly. Agree completely and my go to location if there are too many people around. Don’t want to run afoul of flying over folks wherever possible. I like heading out over the cliffs and shooting the kelp forests.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4